Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok heres the story sometimes out of no where my bike will either start and then stall right away as the FI light comes on and I cant start it with the electric start, but I can run it down a hill and drop the clutch and start it and it runs fine, and this happens to me every other day or so. someone told my alternator is going but I dont know, oh ya and my speedo and speedameter stop working it just displays 0 and displays the last miles I had on the bike. anyone?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Dash speedo: have you done any mods lately ?

Stalling: What year is the bike ? how old is the battery ? has your bike been sitting for long periods ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well out of no where my bike diddnt start and at that time I didnt know how to clutch start, so I took it to a local bike shop, the guy diddnt know what was wrong, and after three long weeks of no riding he called and said my gas was contaminated, and when I got my bike back speedo diddnt work, my temp. still works through, I dont know what it can be, now im worried at every stop light that she is going to stul out on me.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Any warning lights ? Hard to say from far the two issues could be unrelated.

If you had gas sitting in the bike for a long time, i would suggest filling it with Chevron's highest grade and run a tan full ( has ingredient to clean deposits) or run a can BGK44 ( would'nt do anyharm anyway)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Read the service manual. Check the code related to the FI light. It will identify what is throwing the error.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts