Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you will encounter a problem with your ZX-10R at some point....it's inevitable. This could be an FI light, vibration, strange noise, won't start...etc. For those of you that post your problem on this forum, please understand that people here are going out of their way to help you by providing some sort of troubleshooting/assistance. I grow tired of flakey members who post a problem about their bike and then go MIA afterwards. This usually occurs after several members have offered their time and experience by chiming in to help you out. Keep us updated on the status of the problem and then finish your thread by noting the outcome. Don’t just leave the thread open to speculation. If you give up troubleshooting and take the bike to the dealership, that’s okay…just tell us. Let us know what they found/fixed or didn’t find. Odds are that someone on this forum will encounter the same issue you did in the future. So please pay it forward and finish your thread.

I don’t mean to patronize, but also take a moment to realize how valuable this forum is. This is the best ZX-10R resource you will ever find, period! The veteran-members, mods, and countless technical threads have saved my butt more than once.

With that said:

1. Use the search thread first as it’s likely that your problem has already been encountered.

2. If needed, post a thorough description of the problem and what you’ve troubleshooted already.

3. Keep us posted on the troubleshooting/repairs.

4. Finish the thread by posting the final outcome.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Yes! I fucking hate when I search my ass off at times and each thread just ends...

·
Registered
578 Posts
It drives me nuts when people do that.
The other thing is if your bike is making a "funny noise" or something else that's hard to explain, try to take a video of it. As littlefreak said, give us as much info as possible.

·
Registered
289 Posts
:+2:
About time someone ranted about this!
The amount of time I wasted looking for answers down open - ended threads is ridiculous!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Not to mention all the unrelated crap being also posted because people don't read all from the start. (guilty as charged myself):crackup:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Finishing thread yup!

Yeah ,it sucks when you are left hanging after asking for help ! We all gain help from each others troubles that are solved . We are special group of riders who sometimes lives by the ass of our pants ,and when we have Bike troubles ,misery can set in he he , we are not brothers in arms, but rather brothers with tire rubber under our ass :)
I for one , have been helped by many other Gen 4 riders ,so please understand the value of finishing up the thread ! Just my 5 cents worth he he:thumbsup::thumbsup::wink:

·
Registered
66 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts