Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What all do I really have left? My mods are in my sig. I'm looking to get more performance out of my bike, without going internal.

The only thing I can really think of is DynoJet Ign. Module, a TRE, Kawi Race Intake Cam, and thin head gasket. Is that it?

Also is there really any significant difference between Ivans TRE and Xtre's? I know the Xtre offers the gear indicator, but are the setting performance really any different? I don't really see any point in spending another hundred dollars for nothing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
first thing i would do is fix the suspension, there is no point have power if you can't get it to the ground, plus good suspension will make you quicker than most power mods

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing of it is I don't do many track days... I live in the SE TN area. Deals Gap, the Skyway, and the Ocoee area is in my backyard so my suspension is suited enough for me (being 5'10, 175lbs) I can hold my own going through the twisties, but looking for more straight line power.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
The thing of it is I don't do many track days... I live in the SE TN area. Deals Gap, the Skyway, and the Ocoee area is in my backyard so my suspension is suited enough for me (being 5'10, 175lbs) I can hold my own going through the twisties, but looking for more straight line power.
You should proceed as you stated, thin head gasket + race intake/06 exhaust cams + ignition module + secondaries removed + new map.

Then there is the next level which costs $$$. Overbore it and the smile will never get off your face!!!

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
You should proceed as you stated, thin head gasket + race intake/06 exhaust cams + ignition module + secondaries removed + new map.

Then there is the next level which costs $$$. Overbore it and the smile will never get off your face!!!
Whats the advantage of the 06 exhaust cam in an 08

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Ride in lower gears (higher rpms)
:badteeth:..Yeh, that'll help his top end......:crackup: to the OP, see if they make one of these for your gen?
http://www.aaperf.com/zx10r-kit.html

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
first thing i would do is fix the suspension, there is no point have power if you can't get it to the ground, plus good suspension will make you quicker than most power mods
shit just being a good rider will do that! I have ran sessions with guys on fully built bikes vs my basically stock 071krr and there isnt a difference barely!

I vote, rip her apart and do a rebuild+head work! should be solid after that:badteeth::helmet:

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First off, I guess I should state that I'm not wanting to throw a TON of money in to it.. I'm just looking for the basics and the obvious without going FI or tearing hardcore in to the motor.

I've talked to Garth about swapping a stock intake cam in for the exhaust and he said as it will pick it up, the effort/time does not outweigh the benefits.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
08 perf.

u state flies removed, but no mention of custom tune. first thing to do is get mapped, wakes the 08 with flies out up, you'llhave a handful. chris hill at psycle perf. is right outside knoxville, and a great tuner. he takes great pains to max power thru entire powerband,basically what the 08 needs, its obvious you need custom mapping.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
does anybody know the specs of the 08 and 06 exh cams?
Camshafts, Sprockets:
Camshaft Duration Lift
49118-0116 (STD) (Intake) 292° 9.7 mm
49118-0117 (STD) (Exhaust) 280° 8.5 mm
49118-0134 (Kit) (Intake) 296° 9.7mm
49118-0045 (Kit) (Exhaust) 292° 8.5 mm

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
u state flies removed, but no mention of custom tune. first thing to do is get mapped, wakes the 08 with flies out up, you'llhave a handful. chris hill at psycle perf. is right outside knoxville, and a great tuner. he takes great pains to max power thru entire powerband,basically what the 08 needs, its obvious you need custom mapping.
I didn't want to dump money in a tune before I get the rest of my parts and then have to turn around and dump more money for another tune. Actually, Chris is just a few minutes away from my apartment in Knoxville lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've done the 1/5 throttle insert. It's awesome. After adding the TRE, do you need a custom tune? Is the TRE mostly for smoother throttle response in middle range rpm?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I realize that you want just more power, but seriously consider an Ohlins rear shock, and possibly some internals for the front. It's not...........quite as expensive as you might think, and the bike will handle really different. Just my two cents. Good luck. :eek:ccasion1 It sounds like your bike is pretty sweet just the way it is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts