Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy came over this evening to do some riding. I didn't want to beat on the bike too hard all the time as it's still fairly new 580miles. We decide to do some 4th gear roll ons from 50mph on the freeway (hardly any traffic). His bike is an 04' 1000RR and has about 7,500 miles. Mine is an 05' 10R with about 600 miles. From the jump I think I pull away very slightly and then he starts to regain some ground. From what he is telling me, after he starts regaining ground, there is a period where my bike begins to start pulling away from his around 9,000 on his tach. We did this about 7 times and the results were the same. When we pulled over I told him that I thought our bikes were pretty much even, but that is when he told that mine was a bit stronger and explained where I would pull away. I think his baseline dyno was 141whp, so I would guess mine might be at least that.
 

·
OG Post Whore
Joined
·
10,400 Posts
i dont like the seats on hondas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,063 Posts
Yep, your right. You'll have a little more power everywhere but the rr is no sleeper. She'll run. I thought i would destroy my buddies but damn if he didn't make me work at it. Ya need ta get yours broke in, loosen that bitch up!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I hope I haven't F'd myself on my breakin. I have been doing the aggressive approach this route. Right from day one I have been all over the RPM range... Mind you not full throttle in every gear, but taking 2nd to redline 40-65% throttle and engine braking down back to 3 grand. Basically trying to keep the bike all over the RPM's during brake in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
542 Posts
i rode mine kinda the same way on break in.I couldn't resist seeing what it had but i waited til i had the first oil change done(500miles) than i took it to redline about 3 times then continued with the break in procedure according to the manu.I have yet to get a chance to race a 1000rr i have seen one and that was with joecop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did my first oil change at 79 miles and I will probably get my next done at about 650 miles. From there it is every 2,000 miles until I hit 5,000 miles on the bike and then I will go to SYN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
41ants said:
My buddy came over this evening to do some riding. I didn't want to beat on the bike too hard all the time as it's still fairly new 580miles. We decide to do some 4th gear roll ons from 50mph on the freeway (hardly any traffic). His bike is an 04' 1000RR and has about 7,500 miles. Mine is an 05' 10R with about 600 miles. From the jump I think I pull away very slightly and then he starts to regain some ground. From what he is telling me, after he starts regaining ground, there is a period where my bike begins to start pulling away from his around 9,000 on his tach. We did this about 7 times and the results were the same. When we pulled over I told him that I thought our bikes were pretty much even, but that is when he told that mine was a bit stronger and explained where I would pull away. I think his baseline dyno was 141whp, so I would guess mine might be at least that.
Yep I did the same thing to a 04 with pipe & pc except in 2nd gear. I beat him like he stole something.
 

·
MIA Post Whore
Joined
·
8,727 Posts
The RR can play in the lower RPMs. Once you let the beeoch scream there will be no more RR around. Especially after you get about 2k miles. The 10s come out the box tight and get a considerable increase in pwr after some miles.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
miykl said:
The RR can play in the lower RPMs. Once you let the beeoch scream there will be no more RR around. Especially after you get about 2k miles. The 10s come out the box tight and get a considerable increase in pwr after some miles.
What part of New Orleans are you from & what high school did you attend? I attend East Jefferson High in Metairie way way back in the day.
 

·
MIA Post Whore
Joined
·
8,727 Posts
Moose- I'm originally from the Lafayette area (Breaux Bridge). Moved to N.O. Nearly 10 years ago. I currently live on the west bank. It's close to work so no one gets shot in my fits of road rage. :angryfire :machinegu
 

·
MIA Post Whore
Joined
·
8,727 Posts
yep BD- definately reduces stress. ..but then so does tequella and crown royal. Strippers are mighty good relaxers too. Thank god for strippers!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,392 Posts
miykl said:
Moose- I'm originally from the Lafayette area (Breaux Bridge). Moved to N.O. Nearly 10 years ago. I currently live on the west bank. It's close to work so no one gets shot in my fits of road rage. :angryfire :machinegu
We are packing up the truck enroute to Metairie for the holidays, I was going to bring the bike but decide against it because of the cold weather. Dam I guess I really get toasted this weekend know. Crown Royal on the rocks all the way. :eek:ccasion1
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top