Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the track tonight to try out my new front strap and ended up running some personal best and lowering the 60ft's a tad.

Heres my runs in order...

Hoping i can get a 5.90 soon

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
nice times man. looks like that strap is workin out great for ya. keep workin on that 60 and you will be in the 5's in no time.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Nice! My 60' is usually 1.7x. On rare occasions I can get the elusive 1.6x. SWB

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice! My 60' is usually 1.7x. On rare occasions I can get the elusive 1.6x. SWB
id be scared to run a swb down the track lol i give you major props for that...my 60fts have been 1.8's and 1.9's till i got my strap if you look about 2-5 threads down ive been posting my accomplishments since i started riding a few months ago.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
I've never ridden anything stretched. I'm pretty stoked though, I have a 8-12in Evil arm incoming and an air shifter sitting in a box right beside me waiting on the arm. In a few more weeks I should have that on and hopefully getting that 60 down... A LOT.

Still havn't ordered the chain and sprockets yet though... man this drag racing bug turned out to be rather expensive.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
id have a heart attack :lol:
Like when I grabbed my first slip that was in the 9s... I was screaming inside my helmet as I rode down the return. Ohhh its the little things in life. Was my third trip to the strip ever too, I was impressed with myself. :badteeth:

ETA - Here is my last slip. Hopefully I will be able to go again Friday, trying to get more runs in at SWB.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
1.8 60? How did you make up so much space to break a 9? I need to learn that trick.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
id be scared to run a swb down the track lol i give you major props for that...my 60fts have been 1.8's and 1.9's till i got my strap if you look about 2-5 threads down ive been posting my accomplishments since i started riding a few months ago.
I've been trying to get the clutch out faster to get my 60' time down and lately its been nose up. I have to find that fine line. My butt puckers on the seat when my feet are off the pegs and the nose is way up. All I can think when it comes down is "This is going to hurt!".

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Like when I grabbed my first slip that was in the 9s... I was screaming inside my helmet as I rode down the return. Ohhh its the little things in life. Was my third trip to the strip ever too, I was impressed with myself. :badteeth:

ETA - Here is my last slip. Hopefully I will be able to go again Friday, trying to get more runs in at SWB.
1.8 60? How did you make up so much space to break a 9? I need to learn that trick.
Jeremy/1killer I rode with nolazx10 before he use to live in Sacramento. He is a very very light weight guy and I posted many many times on this site a light weight guy on a first Gen (lightest 1k ever) is a Scary thing as I seen nola and his old bike in action on the hwy.

Nola asked me in PM for tips(wanted to hit the 9s) and seen how fast he was first time out, gave a few tips and also told him that he will be faster than me in NO time, Nola glad you got it sorted out way to go man your only going to get better. :eek:ccasion1

For the record though I believe most of my 60s were in the 1.8s don't remember but the main thing is being at least 6.5s in the 1/8th and some good shifting from there and it got me in the 9s as well IMO with the 10R even though I weigh 215lbs with gear. :thumbsup:

bloo

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)

what do you weigh?

heres my mods for anyone wondering

4-5 inch stretch lowerd
shinko stealth street tire
15t/42t
full tsukigi exhaust
k&n filter
p/c 3 usb and p/c ign mod mapped for someone elses bike
secondaries removed
tre

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Jeremy/1killer I rode with nolazx10 before he use to live in Sacramento. He is a very very light weight guy and I posted many many times on this site a light weight guy on a first Gen (lightest 1k ever) is a Scary thing as I seen nola and his old bike in action on the hwy.

Nola asked me in PM for tips(wanted to hit the 9s) and seen how fast he was first time out, gave a few tips and also told him that he will be faster than me in NO time, Nola glad you got it sorted out way to go man your only going to get better. :eek:ccasion1

For the record though I believe most of my 60s were in the 1.8s don't remember but the main thing is being at least 6.5s in the 1/8th and some good shifting from there and it got me in the 9s as well IMO with the 10R even though I weigh 215lbs with gear. :thumbsup:

bloo
I wish I was lighter.:headshake

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
what do you weigh?

4-5 inch stretch lowerd
15t/42t
full tsukigi exhaust
k&n filter
secondaries removed
tre
The only thing you're missing is seat time.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
what do you weigh?

4-5 inch stretch lowerd
15t/42t
full tsukigi exhaust
k&n filter
secondaries removed
tre
I'm about 135. I actually don't even do burnouts but about once every 4-5 runs just to get the shit off the tire running dunlop Q2s. I don't have traction issues until the tire gets crap built up on it. I'm sure that will change once I get my swingarm in. I also plan to get some shinko 003 ultra softs once this tire is toast.

Oh and yea Bloo definately helped me with some advice through PMs... so did MadnessRacing. Thanks guys! :eek:ccasion1 You were right about it taking no time though Bloo. I really still feel as though 9.6 is a real possibility even in my current setup. I think I can still leave harder just need practice and on that 9.82 I shifted (accidentally) to second about 2-3k early, the rest were spot on.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
I've been trying to get the clutch out faster to get my 60' time down and lately its been nose up. I have to find that fine line. My butt puckers on the seat when my feet are off the pegs and the nose is way up. All I can think when it comes down is "This is going to hurt!".
these 10's are hard to 60 exspeacially if your swb. def takes some practicing, good clutch hand and a good gear setup to do so.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts