Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking and searching for information on the Pitbull steering stabilizers. From alot of message boards and pictures, it appears that you would need to drill into the triple tree to install this, but on their website it says this:

Steering Stabilizer Kit - ZX10R, 2004-2005
"Complete kit, including bracketry, for Kawasaki ZX10R '04-'05. No drilling required."

So maybe for those certain years drilling and tapping is not needed? If someone knows or has this installed on their bike, especially on an 04-05, can you give me some information please. Depending on how good the part is, I might be willing to drill into the bike. Thank you.

Here is their site by the way... http://www.pit-bull.com/

·
Registered
603 Posts
No drilling at all on the 04. It's the quickest, easiest damper install I have ever done! You won't be disappointed if you are considering one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No drilling at all on the 04. It's the quickest, easiest damper install I have ever done! You won't be disappointed if you are considering one :thumbsup:
Awesome! That's all I needed to hear, thank you. I'll be ordering one this pay day.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Pitbull?

I was looking and searching for information on the Pitbull steering stabilizers. From alot of message boards and pictures, it appears that you would need to drill into the triple tree to install this, but on their website it says this:

Steering Stabilizer Kit - ZX10R, 2004-2005
"Complete kit, including bracketry, for Kawasaki ZX10R '04-'05. No drilling required."

So maybe for those certain years drilling and tapping is not needed? If someone knows or has this installed on their bike, especially on an 04-05, can you give me some information please. Depending on how good the part is, I might be willing to drill into the bike. Thank you.

Here is their site by the way... http://www.pit-bull.com/
I've seen them but never read about them....they are pretty good??!?! Better than GPR or Scotts?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hard to say which is better or "best." I'd say the pit-bull is equal to the GPR but it's MUCH better looking on the bike. I think it also has more clicks of adjustment than the gpr (at least the older gpr model anyway)

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hard to say which is better or "best." I'd say the pit-bull is equal to the GPR but it's MUCH better looking on the bike. I think it also has more clicks of adjustment than the gpr (at least the older gpr model anyway)
Oh okay...they seem to look like a solid damper, how much are they, I paid 400 for my Scotts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I bought mine a little over a year ago straight from pit-bull and I think it was $400. I've seen them for a little less on ebay but still in the $350 range

1 - 7 of 7 Posts