1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Chairman of the Board
16,083 Posts
PIT -Ek heel gaurds here and there fine. Had them for over a year now and no problems. Dont expect the inside of the tube to look great, although the outside should be flawless. For $79.00 bucks I would, in fact I I ever break my tube I wouldnt have a problem with a PIT-EK. My $.02.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
There have been fitment issues with there tubes and the mounting holes will have to be drilled. i would try to find a stock ram air tube and then find the beefup thread.

·
Я - Ребен&#108
2016 ZX10R Race & 2016 ZX10R Street
3,715 Posts
for me id say go for it....
no real reason. the race body work is decent...

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i broke the stock one taking it apart... i was trying to find a way to fill in the hole for the ram air silencer... and thats when i messed up the tube...

does anyone know of a place that makes a real good ram air tube?

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Sebimoto, available from Fred at Yoyodyne, made one for the 04-05 that is far superior to that Pit-eck crap, but not sure if they are making a 08-09 duct. The 04-05 ducts were notorious for breaking.

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
Big NO for Pit-Eck. They totally fugged me a few years ago on a race body. THEY MAY RIP YOU OFF.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
pit ek windscreens are chincy so i say no!

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i wouldnt do it, just go oem.

·
Registered
514 Posts
You get what you pay for.... Pit-Eck it is JUNK.

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Do a good search, many members fixed their tubes. I fixed mine and a friends 1st gen tubes with some aluminum plate. IIRC, it's been quite a while.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
theres no fixing for what i did to it.... it would be easier for me to get a nice aftermarket one.... but trying to find one is what i need help with, not fixing what i have... its junk now

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have one, i had to grind and drill to get it to fit. it is also a lot heaver than stock, about 3 times the weight some how. i also got the pit-eck stator cover. the stator rotor rubbed the inside of the cover hard enough to screech the engine to a halt, i had to grind it out, and i also got there gas cap, it leaked like hell, the seal didn't even come close to sealing the tank, i had to get another seal and do some grinding to make it not leak. the stuff is real cheep, but good luck if you don't have a GRINDER. all of there parts should come with one.....

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i emailed yoyodyne.... they said they have one for the 08 10R... but 140 bucks....

they dont have any in stock, and when i asked them for photos, they gave me a link to the 04-05 model one...

i kinda want to take my chances with pit-eck, but i know i shouldnt...

ill see if i can make my own somehow....

·
Registered
524 Posts
i emailed yoyodyne.... they said they have one for the 08 10R... but 140 bucks....

they dont have any in stock, and when i asked them for photos, they gave me a link to the 04-05 model one...

i kinda want to take my chances with pit-eck, but i know i shouldnt...

ill see if i can make my own somehow....
You can also try these guys:
http://www.worldofqbcarbon.com/products/kawasaki/zx10r_0809/zx10r_0809_products.htm
They are based out of England so they are a little spendy but if you have the money, it might be the way to go. As for me, I was looking for a carbon fiber ram air also, checked them out but the price is a little too much for me. Anyways, its just another recommendation.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thats crazy. It was just a minute ago. Try again later. They ahve pretty nice looking stuff but like I said, they are a little expensive.

·
Registered
524 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts