Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experience PIT-ECK Fairings. I have a DB windscreen of theirs that fits fine, it just seems a little thinner than my Sportect windscreen that cracked on me anyway.

·
Banned
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'm going to get an upper, lower and front fender for about $135. I figure for that price what ever I have to do to make them work is worth it for that cheap and I'm going to be fiber glassing in my own lights for street use anyway.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I had a set of pit-ecks on a honda last year. The upper and lower fit really well on THAT bike but the tail did not fit without doing a little shaving and cutting. Most posts I have read about other bikes say the fitment was terrible overall but mine was not that bad. Also, they are verry brittle (read cheap). You can tell just from the sound of them when you hit them with something that they would be the type of material to shatter into pieces (like stock bodywork) and not just bend or flex and get scuffed up. They do not like to flex at all or you can hear them starting to crack a little bit. Sounds like for the price in your case you can't beat them though... I paid about $350 for mine but I still thought that was a pretty good deal instead of $600+ for brand name stuff.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I had a set on a 600rr. I had to do a good amount of strengthing and cutting to get the fitment right. For the price I didn't mind the wprk. The biggest thing is go into expecting to have to do a good amount of clean up fab work.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Talk to kneedragger. He just put a set on his GSXR 600. :headshake Here is the name and phone number of a company I used. For $300 and I think $50 shipped(I picked up) Only a few slight modifications. They held up pretty good when I went down.

E-racing(Tiffany)
11712 washington blvd
whittier, ca 90606
(877) 289-3976

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I have a set on my 636 race bike. They fit shitty, luckily I fab stuff pretty well. They are kinda thin and brittle. Again, as already stated, you get what you pay for.

I had called them on their product after I received it and they pretty much told to get fugged. If ALL you really have is $350, then buy em. Otherwise steeeer cleeear!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts