Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys my 08 10 is being broken down to put a 3mm je piston kit. the bike dynos at 174bhp. power commander 3 bmc race filter hmf slip on pipe.. guranteed to put out 200bhp when finished... bring it on bmw s1000rr!!!!!!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
must be a carpenter package lol....

numbers are just numbers. I'm sure the bike will be nice and fast though.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
+26 HP from a piston kit? 174 + 26 = 200bhp guaranteed?

Whose Kool-Aide you drinking? :spit:
What is the actual HP increase for a piston kit?

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
hey whats up guys my 08 10 is being broken down to put a 3mm je piston kit. the bike dynos at 174bhp. power commander 3 bmc race filter hmf slip on pipe.. guranteed to put out 200bhp when finished... bring it on bmw s1000rr!!!!!!
When your bike is done it's gonna be nice. I did something like that once when I had my YZ 125 I put in wesco pistions had the motor bored out.

However, Until they compare the two bikes Kawi is still king of the liter bikes.

I am not worried about no stinken BMW,Aprillia,DUCATI whatever...

If someone rips by me on a new BMW hat's off to them cuz that means you are doing better than my indicated 189MPH and I doubt that is gonna happen.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
denalli and vr6 must be friends cause they both make me laugh...26hp one says and the other states 189mph is indicated LOL...Yes it reads that but no its not right hahaha. And the 26hp with the bore kit. I will believe it when I see it...

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
If that, especially with a 3MM kit. There's more to building engines than just throwing in bigger pistons. Can the ports handle extra flow the pistons need? Can the cams handle it? It might even need bigger valves. I have seen a lot of these big bore kits in other motors make little or no more power unless new cams and larger valves and port changes are made. Plus the time needed to dial in the cam timing.

He will get some just due to the extra compression from the bigger pistons, maybe, I don't know flowing thru a "slip on"? That could be the ultimate choke point. I doubt I would run a 3 mill kit with a slip on.

I wish him the best of luck though. Not hating on his efforts for sure.
Didn't you see the dyno charts on the 3rd gen 10 with the FMF slip on before and after?

With the silencer removed it gain 1 Hp over stock.:mrgreen: Obviously the slip ons flow better!

Seriously though, 190 plus is within reach. Depends on the depth of the build.
Seems like your basic bolt on mods. (full exhaust) would be on the list, but to each his own.

As long as the owner is happy, thats all that really matters. Don't get your hopes up on an all motor 200hp bike though. You may be disappointed. Plenty of guys spending well over $3k+ and not seeing 200 at the wheel.

Keep us posted

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im on the phone with my mechanic now and he spoke with rich gaston, ricky gastons brother.. according to him 200hp is definitely achievable! what are you guys smoking?

·
Team Green Baby!
2014 MV Agusta F3 675
1,519 Posts
You should take pics of the progress and post up the dyno charts! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ill tell you what, I have my title to my 08 zx10r, ohh by the way I have an 05 10 also magma red, I can show you better than I can tell you and when I'm done I want you to get denalli tatted on your back! Any time any place, Ill come to you!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If anyone wants to hear how the bike sounds by the way you can hear it on HMF'S website www.hmfracing.com... select pipes and zx10r 08 09! enjoy... sounds totally different now though, ill upload that this weekend...

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
denalli and vr6 must be friends cause they both make me laugh...26hp one says and the other states 189mph is indicated LOL...Yes it reads that but no its not right hahaha. And the 26hp with the bore kit. I will believe it when I see it...

Well that's why I said "indicated".

So when I see 189 MPH how fast am I going?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts