Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help making a piston stop tool so I can find top dead center and degree my cams...I ordered one from dale walker but it wont be here till the end of next week...I ordered a 10mm but I am not sure if it is 10 or 12...
I know you can make something that will work out of a spark plug and a piece of metal...how long does it need to stick out from the bottom of the plug???

Any help is appreciated...Got everything I need but the damn piston stop...I want to get this done tomorrow if possible...

Thanks
Russ

·
Registered
164 Posts
if you are degreeing your cams I dont think the length matters to much the onlything you are looking for is TDC which you get from rotating one way and then the other to get the inbetween so basically anything you can use to lock in position will work there is also some great info on cams at www.webcamshafts.com

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is a 10mm. I was impatient and bought a spark plug from the parts store with the right thread, knocked the guts out of it and welded a drill bit through the middle of it, crude but effective.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts