Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of or tired these new Diablos?
They claim to have similiar grip as a Diablo, but provide far better mileage, supposedly developed for high powered sport tourers like the FJR 1300.
I am going to be taking a 1500 to 2000 mile trip soon and was thinking about throwing on a set of these before I leave.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yep, very nice tyre,. Just put a set on a mates Blackbird (CBR1100XX) it's about time,their sports/tourer's have been around since Jesus rode with the Hells Angels. haha

·
Registered
370 Posts
Those are aimed at the Super Sport touring crowd. I can only imagine it will make a fabulous street tire, but probably wouldn't fare as well as the normal Diablo at the track.....

I've been running Diablo's all summer. They're night and day compared to the 218s....I'm going to replace the rear sometime in August, that way my tires'll be completely used by the end of the season around here and I can spoon on some Pilot Powers for next season. I wanna see what all the hype is about.....

·
Registered
477 Posts
The hype is just that, hype. In my opinion, there is nothing better than the Diablo's at the moment, and Michelin are Michelin. They grip well enough, but they offer sfa feedback, and while you're never actually having much trouble with them, you always feel like they are about to let go, and that doesn't lend itself to riding fast. Stick with the Diablo's is my suggestion.

btw, for most guys, something like the Strada's would be all they'd need at the track and would never get to the limits of that tyre. It's amazing the amount of guys that insist on Diablo Corsers or the equivilent, and you see them at the track, and they could get away with Bridgeston 020's and not reach the limit. hahaha. But it's all in the head.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
not in my head :headshake , and i use DC's.

BD

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know this much i have the stock tires on my bike from when I got it. I break them loss all the time it sucks. I used to have a R6 i ran METZLER M1s on that i like those tires. ?????

·
Registered
442 Posts
Birdman said:
The hype is just that, hype. In my opinion, there is nothing better than the Diablo's at the moment, and Michelin are Michelin. They grip well enough, but they offer sfa feedback, and while you're never actually having much trouble with them, you always feel like they are about to let go, and that doesn't lend itself to riding fast. Stick with the Diablo's is my suggestion.

btw, for most guys, something like the Strada's would be all they'd need at the track and would never get to the limits of that tyre. It's amazing the amount of guys that insist on Diablo Corsers or the equivilent, and you see them at the track, and they could get away with Bridgeston 020's and not reach the limit. hahaha. But it's all in the head.
You should know the PP are the best, just ask any squid!!! :+1: :bs:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah, I didn't say ALL guys don't get to the limits of their tyres, but I mean, come on. How many guys do you know that HAD to have R1's in their day, coz they are the fastest, yet you could lap them 3 times a ride day session on a CBR250RR? They arethe same guys that HAVE to have melted glue for tyres. Haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts