Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever use these? Some jerk on the highway didn't strap down his load and damn near was taken out by a 4X8 sheet of plywood with screws in it, I couldn't get out of the way in time when it flew off the truck and this was the result,

Bayside has some good deals on tires and was looking at upgrading the Corsa3.
Thx.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
i had a rear very briefly before i sold my bike. I LOVED it!!!!! felt like a dream! didn't even seem like it needed to warm up, hop on and ride kind of tire!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks guys, I was looking at good tires an these ones keep coming up, and can get a package deal on them.
I thought I was going to be using the stock corsa 3 for awhile, only 3500 km on my bike until this happened.

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
dude your rear tire is "SCREWED"

do a search on the Rosso. plenty of feed back on here. i have run the DC3's for quite awhile now and every time i think i'm gonna try a different tire i wind up finding another good deal on the DC3's. so i can't be much help to you other than i dig the DC3's.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude your rear tire is "SCREWED"

do a search on the Rosso. plenty of feed back on here. i have run the DC3's for quite awhile now and every time i think i'm gonna try a different tire i wind up finding another good deal on the DC3's. so i can't be much help to you other than i dig the DC3's.
yea I was at the local shop here in the city,, they want 300 bucks to get one in , and one hour install ,, quote was 450 bucks,,, rip off, they had deals on the 180 series but I need the 190 for mine in the DC3 so I figured I would try something else.

·
Registered
541 Posts
they want 300 bucks to get one in , and one hour install ,, quote was 450 bucks
For one tire!?! Best price I've found in Canada is from Pete's www.petes-superbike.com/index.php/english/

But the dollar is doin so good right now you might get a better price from a site sponsor, just watch the shipping costs.

These will be my next tires as well.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
i put a set on my 1098 a month ago, so far they are great. id say a touch better than the dc3's which i ran on my 10r for years, track and street.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
1hr install to put on tires....wow they must not know what the hell they are doing...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Has anyone run PP's and switched to these to give a comparison?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I haven't used these but have used Pirelli for a long time without any issues. Will be getting another set when mine are worn out. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For one tire!?! Best price I've found in Canada is from Pete's www.petes-superbike.com/index.php/english/

But the dollar is doin so good right now you might get a better price from a site sponsor, just watch the shipping costs.

These will be my next tires as well.
Wow! thanks for the link, $350 for the set, not bad at all!!:+2:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This was who I was going to go with , but Pete's is better.

·
Registered
222 Posts
yes I run michelin 2ct and pirelli rosso corsas (two bikes). I prefer the pirellis and will switch to them for both bikes once the 2ct's wear out. the grip is phenomenal at the track on the pirellis, I also like the profile. it handles similar to michelin's profile but the new compound and carcass design is an improvement that you can feel.

at the track I run them lower in the front (28psi vs 33 rear) than I normally would with michelin pilot powers (33psi front). on the street I use standard pressures (mid 30's).

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
yes I run michelin 2ct and pirelli rosso corsas (two bikes). I prefer the pirellis and will switch to them for both bikes once the 2ct's wear out. the grip is phenomenal at the track on the pirellis, I also like the profile. it handles similar to michelin's profile but the new compound and carcass design is an improvement that you can feel.

at the track I run them lower in the front (28psi vs 33 rear) than I normally would with michelin pilot powers (33psi front). on the street I use standard pressures (mid 30's).

Thanks^^^ I run street only so I'm more concerned with warm up times but seems these tires warm up quik. I love the pp's and couldn't be happier but if these are better more power to me! I just got a new set of pp's put on but I'll give these a try next year.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
These are the next tires I am getting. Everyone I know them love them so...

I ran Pirelli on my last bike and love them. I'm just waiting for these OEMs to wear out.

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,136 Posts
im currently running them. have about 900 miles on them. i think the tires are amazing. have always like pirelli. just got done witha set of the super corsa and these feel just as good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have them on my duc 748 and I haven't done a track day yet but they are the best tires I have ever used so far and I found 33 psi rear, 30 psi front works best for my use. We also sold a lot of them and the feedback from the customers are all positive. $335.00 for the 190/55/17 and 120/70/17

1 - 20 of 22 Posts