Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all.. I have searched the site and found some useful information but I still want to ask a few questions..

I do mostly street riding down here in Bangkok. It's time to change tires and the Pirelli Corsa III were about to be my choice. When I arrived at the Pirelli dealer he told me I had to wait for the corsa III's another 2 weeks. He then told me I should go for the Diablo Rosso's that he had in stock instead. I actually had never read anything about these tires so I went home to look them up and read some reviews.. They actually seem to be very good tires but I want some feedback from the real street riders here in the forum.. Anyone using these now? Has anyone been driving with both Corsa III's and Rosso's, being able to tell me the pros and cons when choosing either of these?

Ps.. I have been riding 190/55 rear on my past two bikes and the dealer only had 190/50.. What difference would it really make if I put on a 190/50 instead?

peace/
Johan

·
Registered
242 Posts
i had a pair of supercorsa track tires on my 9r for part of the season and burned thru the rear with about 2500 miles on it (surprised it lasted that long to be honest) and it stuck to the road beautifully. I bought Rosso's after that. Nice street tire for a dual compound. i did almost have a few slip-ups with it though coming out of corners in second gear. i had the sprockets at -1F and +5R so it was a monster on the throttle. That was while the tire was nice and warm too.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
:+1:

hadn't read that thread.. I guess I will give the Rosso's a shot.. but what about the dimension. The salesman said Pirelli didn't sell 190/55 but when I looked at some retailers websites I found 190/55.. :dontknow: Thailand is special in many ways and too often the sales people have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

If Pirelli for some reason doesn't sell 190/55 here - Would I have to change Any settings then? (I guess the 50's are a bit "lower")

peace/
Johan

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
:+1:

hadn't read that thread.. I guess I will give the Rosso's a shot.. but what about the dimension. The salesman said Pirelli didn't sell 190/55 but when I looked at some retailers websites I found 190/55.. :dontknow: Thailand is special in many ways and too often the sales people have absolutely no clue what they are talking about.

If Pirelli for some reason doesn't sell 190/55 here - Would I have to change settings then? (I guess the 50's are a bit "lower")

peace/
Johan
yes they do make a 109/55 for the Rossos they just recently were released.(last year or two) you are correct in that the 50's will be a bit lower. the main difference will be turn-in. the 50's will have a more neutral feel as to where the 55's will turn-in quicker.

as far as changing settings, it has been touched on weather it be raising the forks 5mm or shimming the rear a bit. guess you won't know until you try them and see how the bike feels for yourself.

hopefully someone that knows for sure will chime in i'm going off of what i have read here on the site. i run DCIII's 190/50 and love them. i want to try the 55's as well as the Rosso's in the future.

goodluck

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Changes will all depend on what tire you have been using. I've measured all the tires out there and the Pirellis are by far the tallest tire I have ever measured... For example.. I was using a Corsa3 in 180/55 and switched to a 2 CT 190/55. I needed no adjustment and in fact the Pirelli 180/55 was still slightly taller even worn out than the 190/55 2 ct... Never rely on just the size stated on the tire.. Keep a log of roll-out for all the tires you use and decide that way what changes are required.. Also don't forget to factor in the gearing changes you will have from one size to the other.. Taller tires require more gear to keep the bike responding the same for a given RPM..

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
DC III's are excellent tires. Don't think they will last long, but they stick like glue!
Okay I got 9250 miles out of the DC III, well not really the metal was showing. But I just put a new one back on. It's an outstanding tire.

For OP stick with the 190/55 you can have them shipped from anywhere if they don't have them there.

Sales peole suck here too. When I went to get my 08 10. Lady told me no changes in the coming year get a 2007. Same lady sold me the 08. I don't even count on the sales people anymore. I do my research and they provide the bike and service.

Good luck by the way!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Okay I got 9250 miles out of the DC III,

Good luck by the way!

WOW !! I never got that.... My wifes GSXR750 eat one quicker than that.. What do you run your tire pressure at? My 10 will eat a Corsa3 in about 2500 miles.. Well again like you not completely shot, BUT the profile is jacked up and there's been enough heat cycles to cause the tire to be off just a small amount..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went back to the pirelli retailer today and Voila.. he now had two sets of diablo rosso with rear dimension 190/55:) He took my bike and drove it into the store and 30 minutes later I had a new pair of Rossos on.. Unfortunately it just started raining but I took my baby out for an easy ride and she bike felt like a new bike after doing 5000 km with the stock tires:) I will give you an update as soon as I have put them to the test:)

Peace
Johan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts