Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run last years Corsa Pros. Pirelli say 27/29 psi at the track, which is what I ran them at last season and it was perfect. But, I am so tired at the moment I keep arguing with myself over which tire has 29psi. Front or back?????:dontknow:
Heading out to the track tomorrow and was hoping one of you guys could hook me up and get a good laugh too.
Thanks..

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it's 27/29 Front/Rear...

:dontknow:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I run last years Corsa Pros. Pirelli say 27/29 psi at the track, which is what I ran them at last season and it was perfect. But, I am so tired at the moment I keep arguing with myself over which tire has 29psi. Front or back?????:dontknow:
Heading out to the track tomorrow and was hoping one of you guys could hook me up and get a good laugh too.
Thanks..
The higher number is usually the front tire. I run my Bridgestone 002 pros at 27f/25r hot off of the tire warmers.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
coolgjc said:
pretty sure the higher number always goes to the rear, but what do i know
...unless you're talking about power races. Then it's 30-31 front and 20-21 rear. :eyecrazy: Crazy but, WOW. Only thing better is the D209 or slicks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
On the track it is always the front harder than the rear. Most front tyres will be around 29-31psi ( 2.0-2.1 bar) although we sometimes run them 1.9 bar (27-28psi).

The rear tyres differ so much between brands. The NTEC Dunlops (D209GP) we run 1.7 bar HOT (around 1.4 bar Cold) (20-21psi) and the rest around 1.7-1.8 bar cold (25-26 psi)

This is necessary to build up enough heat in the tyres for max. grip and to prevent "cold-tear".

On the road the tyres don't warm up so much and therefore the pressures should be much higher.

If you check out the different tyre tests, you will see that in race conditions, the rear tyre can get as hot as 120 deg.C!!! You can boil water on it!! and the pressure increase by as much as 0.4-0.5 bar (6-7psi)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I've always ran Pirelli's with my '05 ... 26 track days and counting... :cool:

Switching tire brands every 3 months is a no-no in my books specially

with the 10, hard to find a VGood setup geometry/suspensions/agility

For track use ONLY, I've been using (Psi from Pirelli techs.):

1- (old pattern) Dragon Supercorsa Pro Photo #1

(cold) front: 30 (cold)rear: 29

2- (new pattern) Diablo Supercorsa Photo #2

(cold) front: 29 (cold)rear: 24-25

Pirelli kept the same compounds codes for old & new patterns:

SC3: medium
SC2: medium soft
SC1: soft
SC0: qualifying

:mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rep at the track hooked me up today. 24psi front, 29 rear, cold ofcourse. Worked like a charm. Got the pucks down much sooner than I figured I would. Wohoo!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Rep at the track hooked me up today. 24psi front, 29 rear, cold ofcourse. Worked like a charm. Got the pucks down much sooner than I figured I would. Wohoo!

You better double check those numbers.......:heyyou: :idea:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Rear pressures are normally lower because the back tyre generates more heat (more forces through back tyre = more heat) and thus will have a bigger increase in pressure when it's hot.

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
I was running 30/30 in my 002 r/s today and the back was sliding all over the place. After dropping the back down to 29 I had a huge improvement. It's amazing what a difference 1 psi will make.

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
100% correct :thumbsup:

BD
see.. this is why us youngin's look up to you fellers...i stated the exact opposite and stand corrected...i know it has been stated before(too many different opinions) what is the best psi for very spirited street ridng?(dcIII's)

·
11,176 Posts
see.. this is why us youngin's look up to you fellers...i stated the exact opposite and stand corrected...i know it has been stated before(too many different opinions) what is the best psi for very spirited street ridng?(dcIII's)
The original Corsa was supposed to be at it's best around 34/33, even at the track. I'm not sure if that changed for the dual compound.

·
11,176 Posts
how do you like the 002rs? thinking about getting a set for my sv... :dontknow:
I would recommend them to anyone thats not a demon on the track. The front stuck like a charm, the back was sliding around alot until I dropped that pound of air and then it hooked up fine. Track temp was a little cooler than what I'm used to so thats probably the reason. Wear is excellent too I should be able to get 3 trackdays and some street riding out of this set.

·
Registered
38 Posts
My corsa 3's for street use only with the dual compound ask for 42 psi max. cold for front and rear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts