Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've been hearing light pinging at low revs (1,500 - 2,500) when accelerating away from a stop. You can see my mods in my signature. I'm guessing the PCM is too lean at partial-throttle openings at those rpms? When I look at the map it does show negative values at low throttle openings. My map is from Dynojet for a Akra pipe with stock filter. I haven't made any changes to it yet. Any suggestions? I guess I could start by enriching those partial throttle, low rpm values? Can you think of any other reasons for the pinging? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
sounds like your answering all of your own questions.. Yes richening up the low rpm circuits will rectify your situation. I have tried a couple of maps that did the same thing for me as well.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
What octane rating are you using? Also, is it a cali spec bike?

I have never heard any pinging on my bike and I have similar mods. I only run 94 octane in it.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Mine never did it bone stock but once I started playing with installing different maps I noticed it instantly with some maps.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
I've never had any ping and I have my ignition advanced and run midgrade fuel. Sea level may be my savior. As stated above, adjust the map.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Hmmm... Interesting, most of my riding is at around sea level, but on my mountain roads rides I have yet to notice any pinging or anything either.

I know it has been mentioned that there might be a tad too much ignition advance down low on 10R's. Maybe the answer to the problem is to pick up up a dynjet ignition module and retard the timing at lower rpms.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts