Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Converting my litre bike back to street. Figured that I would keep the Pilot Race on the bike @ least for a few street miles- afterall, they only have
1 1/2 track days on 'em. Rear end slid out a few minutes after leaving the driveway. I saved it. Just a reminder that these are, as Michelin suggests, 90% track. Much more heat sensitive than the Pilot Powers. Anyone else ride Pilot Race on the Street??

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Race tires must be warmed up. Street tire do not. Warm them up and then see how they do.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Yes they suck for a couple miles, but after they warm up it is weelie city. You don't realize how much the stock tire spins on the street till you put a sticky set on.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
keep us posted on that190/60 MadKaw!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
madkaw said:
You don't realize how much the stock tire spins on the street till you put a sticky set on.
Spun/slid the rear for the first time in a curve a few weeks ago. Skeered the crap out of me. Felt very weird, like I had gotten a flat. Pulled over and checked the tire. You guys must ride much more aggressively than me. :dontknow: I don't think I wanna do that much! "meow"

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
hillcountry10r said:
keep us posted on that190/60 MadKaw!
:eek:t: Ah yes, there is a new one on the way. I sent them pics of it and it was no problem to send me a new one. Track day this weekend, I will keep you posted on how it works out. Lowered the rear 8mm to compensate for it and went up 1 tooth in the back to keep the same overall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts