• other

Votes: 10 22.2%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pilot power 2ct's or power one 2ct's?

Just curious on the difference on the two? I just bought some Pilot power 2ct's but was wondering if i was better off buying Power one 2ct's...I can still change them if needed!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I say it depends on if your gonna use them on the street or just the track??? the power ones are prob sweet but the PP's are gonna work alot better in the wet in case ya get caught in rain ? Like i tend to do LOL atleast 2 or 3 downpours a year... but both are good tyres.. I run the PP2CT's and love them.. just comes down to how much ya want to spend ?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so im assuming that the Pilots have better tread life or are they the same?

·
.net Most Followed Member
8,796 Posts
Three years in development, the new MICHELIN® Power One™ range is the product of true torture testing, covering more than 80,000 miles, some 35,000 laps, on over 30 circuits around the world. Under the relentless pace of more than 130 different test riders, on both production bikes and 200-horsepower race bikes, 350 different prototype tires were evaluated in more than 116 tests, to help deliver winning potential in every race. No matter what your ambition, you’ll find the ideal tire in the MICHELIN® Power One™ range,whether it’s for track days, a local race series or a national championship.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice copy-n-paste but yes the 2ct's will be fine. I'm on my 3rd set and 2nd on the 10R. I tend to crash with all of them though so whatever I guess. The curve on the 2CT's will fill funny at first but you will love it.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
so im assuming that the Pilots have better tread life or are they the same?
I think those power ones come in a few different compounds ??? id like to try a set of them for sure, but im wondering if Michelin comes out with something else stricly for the street that works well in the wet as well ??? and will have a tripple compound on them??? one can wonder about this LOL ..

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think those power ones come in a few different compounds ??? id like to try a set of them for sure, but im wondering if Michelin comes out with something else stricly for the street that works well in the wet as well ??? and will have a tripple compound on them??? one can wonder about this LOL ..

triple would be bad ass, but i will let you know how i like the 2ct's im sure it will be a new bike!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I wouldn't suggest running Power One's on the street, but do what ya want....

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tips guys, pilot powers it is!

·
Registered
204 Posts
im runnin the prielli rosso's and i LOVE THEM. great street tire! still waitin to see how long they last. i was gettin about 4k outa the regular diablos. hope these last similar distances

·
Registered
794 Posts
There is a Commercial/Street version of the DOT race Power One. I ran a set of the commercial 2ct Power One's for the trip to MotoGp at Laguna in July.
The tire went from Los Angles to Monterey to San Francisco and back to Monterey then back to Los Angeles all in that race weekend.
2 weeks later I went from Morrow Bay to Monterey thru a bunch of canyons near Hollister (Hwy25) and back to Monterey and then back to Morrow Bay.
Here is the rear tire.. The tire has 2000 miles on it and it was being run on my Ducati 1198s..
BTW. My Nephew installed Power 2CTs the same time I installed the One's. He still has 70% tread and loves his tires.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
im runnin the prielli rosso's and i LOVE THEM. great street tire! still waitin to see how long they last. i was gettin about 4k outa the regular diablos. hope these last similar distances
:+1: I am very happy with the Rossos

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
Not to be a smart ass or a dik..If yer askin the question..Stick with the 2ct's...You dont have enough experience to really use either by the sounds of things..The 2ct's work awsome..I love them actually..I like the way they feel over the dunlap sportmax gp tires i got now..Then again i been doin mostly highway with them so far..

·
Registered
119 Posts
Pilot powers all the way guy... I've had my pilot powers for about 15k and love them. I had a slice taken out of my front tire by hitting a piece of metal on my stock tires, replaced them with shenko's and couldn't stand them. The rear tire must've slipped about 3 times b4 i bought my pp's. Seems to me like you just can't go wrong. good tire. sticky, and last for great milage.. of course i'm a street rider way more than track.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
I currently have the pilot powers 2ct and love them! But I think I'm gonna switch to the power ones as I heard nothin but good things about them.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I currently have the pilot powers 2ct and love them! But I think I'm gonna switch to the power ones as I heard nothin but good things about them.
I would never run Power One's for a street tire! Main reason being, if you get caught in the rain you better be EXTREMELY careful!! Other reason is Power One's cost way too much to be using just as a street tire. As a street rider you'll never tell the difference in those and 2ct's...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts