Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of PP's for my 10 in order to do track days well I have been reading about that company selling Blemishes and seconds as they call them. So Im wondering if its true or is someone just trying to ruin their rep?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Haven't heard of any particular companies selling blems. Blems are usually a cosmetic issue. I would hate to think they would put a structural blem on the market.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Get Dunlops. Cures the problem quickly! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I bought a set of PP's for my 10 in order to do track days well I have been reading about that company selling Blemishes and seconds as they call them. So Im wondering if its true or is someone just trying to ruin their rep?
Haven't heard about that, but I doubt it'd be true. Michelin would likely not chance any type incident to cause a lawsuit or make them look bad. BTW, what type powers did you buy for track days? If it was the reguar pilot powers street tire, you may not be happy with those for track days unless you are pretty new to track days. I used the street pp's for one day and my 10r would spin the rear pretty easy even with smooth throttle input if I was leaned over. You may look into some type dot race tire unless you are new to track riding. If you are a beginner, they should be fine though.

Also, I just bought a set of pilot power street tires for my triumph off an ebay store and was shocked how cheap they were ($203. delivered). I know these are not the top-of-the-line michelins anymore, but man that's a great price for a great tire. They had good prices on 2cts and power ones also.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I had a set of 190's/120 for $235 installed and yeah those are for the track I generally ride level 1. I have done a handful of track days but Im not trying to set any records I just get out there and roll around

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
yeah I had a set of 190's/120 for $235 installed and yeah those are for the track I generally ride level 1. I have done a handful of track days but Im not trying to set any records I just get out there and roll around
damn $235 installed? I wish I could find that deal, the cheapest I cant get em for is $285 installed....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts