Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been running Michelin Pilot Power 2CTs for a looooong time on my gen1. I have not really looked at anything else, so I want some input as to if there is anything better that I can try out.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bt003 or q3 for road use. Superbikes or ntech slicks or even the GPAs for track.
:thumbsup: a forum member turned me onto the superbikes and I'm very impressed.
Cool, thanks. I will look into the superbikes for trackdays for sure. Q3....are Qualifier 3's? I have not had Qualifiers since...wait, my wife's gen1 has them. I think they are the OEM ones though cause they suck monkey balls.

·
Crash Test Dummy
820 Posts
Yeah the Dunlop Q3s are much better than OEM. If anyone on the west coast is looking for UK Dunlop slicks I know a guy who has a set $325 the front is lightly used.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Mrmoto73 I think I ran Michelin's without hesitation on every bike I have had for the last 8 years or so, at least since the pilot power came out. A friend over the winter kept saying try the Dunlop Q3's (I ride very hard). I found a deal so I gave them a try, I have been exceptionally happy with them. They grip right out of the driveway cold or hot, good road feel, good turn in, very predictable, and solid in bad weather. Mileage I get is about the same as well. Now I will grant you everyone is different, but I give these the edge slightly over the Michelin as I found them to be a tad greasy feeling when really on edge. Again these feel very predictable to me. I have not had them on a track this year, but I am sure I would feel very good running an advanced pace with them. Then again Ive ran advanced on regular pilot powers lol.

Just as a side note, last fall I did try a set of the Bridgestone BT003RS on another friends advice, I did not like them one bit. I never found a good setting for them, they always felt just greasy to me.

·
Kawasaki Whisperer
1,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mrmoto73 I think I ran Michelin's without hesitation on every bike I have had for the last 8 years or so, at least since the pilot power came out. A friend over the winter kept saying try the Dunlop Q3's (I ride very hard). I found a deal so I gave them a try, I have been exceptionally happy with them. They grip right out of the driveway cold or hot, good road feel, good turn in, very predictable, and solid in bad weather. Mileage I get is about the same as well. Now I will grant you everyone is different, but I give these the edge slightly over the Michelin as I found them to be a tad greasy feeling when really on edge. Again these feel very predictable to me. I have not had them on a track this year, but I am sure I would feel very good running an advanced pace with them. Then again Ive ran advanced on regular pilot powers lol.

Just as a side note, last fall I did try a set of the Bridgestone BT003RS on another friends advice, I did not like them one bit. I never found a good setting for them, they always felt just greasy to me.
Dude Thanks. That info helps alot! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts