Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to bring up the topic of pillion grab handles.. what are you guys running? how well do you like them? what does the wife/gf think of them?

me personally i have a vinxgrip.. love it, its easy to take off and the mounting point isnt big and ugly. looks good on the bike and the wife wont ride any other way now she thinks it should be manditory on bikes.

downsides of it... IT GIVES THE WIFE WAY TO MUCH CONTROL. i find that if she gets tense or stops paying attention it allows her to use it as an anchor to push or pull and really throw her weight. all in all i dont think i would want her on without it.. really made a difference in my ability to ride a little harder with less worry:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I rode with my GF on the back of my 10 one time. I didn't like it and she didn't like it either. For two up I would just use a different bike with a much more relaxed ergo setup. And of course she just rides her own bike, which I prefer heh.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
What does the vinx go for approximately? Looks like quality, albeit a bit big IMO.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What does the vinx go for approximately? Looks like quality, albeit a bit big IMO.
to my door i think it came out to about 250$ it was a while ago now... but before we had it i couldnt take an off ramp at more the 30km now i can do 60+kph with her on the back. and yeah its a little bulbus but you only need it on when shes on there and it only takes 30sec to remove.

id rather my wife had her own bike but its not in our finances right now so vinx all the way

·
Registered
70 Posts
thnks. it looks like it would put all her weight on ur back just to hold the handle and keep you in the tuck position

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thnks. it looks like it would put all her weight on ur back just to hold the handle and keep you in the tuck position
Yes it puts you in a semi tuck position but it actually takes all her weight off of you and puts it back on the bike where it's easy to manage

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I have never seen these, I like them alot. My wife props herself up on my gas tank anyway, I think she would like these alot

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i searched for a long time before i came upon these and than showed them to the wife and she said the same thing your saying about her hands on the tank. good gloves are mandatory due to numbness from vibrating

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those are interesting!!!

I had envisioned a rear grab bar like I had on my 'Busa.
thats actually where i started my search because i liked some of the side grabs available for busas/zx14's because they could look good and be functional..... but in the end i didnt want to put anything else on the fat arse of the 08.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts