Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanx to Big Daddy for startin me up on this! Here's the pix I took. 1st pic is the plates installed & the wiring cleaned up a little bit (electric tape & zip ties). 2nd pic is the (2) 1/8" plugs to throttle bodies #1 & #2 & the 5/8" plug (zip tied) to the throttle body plate. 3rd pic is all the Cali/smog junk removed. Hope this helps:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/Franco101/francos002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/Franco101/francos001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/Franco101/francos003.jpg

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
great pics, i had to stop when i couldnt understand what to do with the vent hoses (red and blue) from the tank. still dont, but now i can see what to rip off. are those 2 that look like they go to the cannister thingy that is under the right upper fairing the red and blue hoses? dont get what to do with the the tank something about a t fitting to let it vent properly .i'm gonna keep scanning the older posts but any help would be great...

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
During this procedure, I actually switched to orange & the guy I traded with had a 49 state bike so my new tank doesn't have those 2 extra nipples. I think you can just leave those alone because the rear single lower nipple on the tank is the one that drains out the excess fuel. I think those 2 nipples (red & blue hoses) for the Cali tank is just fumes to go back down to one of those canisters, so I would'nt worry about those. I may be wrong tho! PM Big Daddy to see what he says about it. I didn't use any T-fittings. I only used (2) 1/8" plugs to the throttle bodies & (1) 5/8" plug to the throttle body plate.

·
Banned
125 Posts
Please guys don't spend any money on mods that LOSE HP . This is one of those mods . Some people might not know the effects of a vacuum inside the engine crank case = FREE HP .

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did I do this wrong??? Any more opinions please???

·
Banned
125 Posts
STREETFIGHTER50 said:
Did I do this wrong??? Any more opinions please???
Hey Streetfighter , you didn't know about this . No harm no foul bro . Just put the KLEEN AIS valve back on . Get the 1/2" ID hose and connect it like I mentioned . Also with the valve back on you will get zero FI lights .

In future mods , don't throw anything away that came from your bike stock . That way if the mod you attempted does not work out for you , revert back to stock . I thought I heard you threw the KLEEN AIS valve away .

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know if it's in my head or what, but the bike felt smoother after I did the block off plates:dontknow:

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
tberd

you've professed 'free hp' on numerous threads about your vacuum mod. Give me/us the hard data to believe this is 'free hp'! have you done 1 single dyno run before & after the mod?? hell 20min between dyno runs can show a 1-2hp diff so how can you prove your vacuum mod is where the 1-2hp came from and not the diff in ambient temp, humidity etc, etc.

BD

·
Banned
125 Posts
Big Daddy said:
tberd

you've professed 'free hp' on numerous threads about your vacuum mod. Give me/us the hard data to believe this is 'free hp'! have you done 1 single dyno run before & after the mod?? hell 20min between dyno runs can show a 1-2hp diff so how can you prove your vacuum mod is where the 1-2hp came from and not the diff in ambient temp, humidity etc, etc.

BD
Move over to the "Do not perform the KLEEN AIS removal" . I am not going to reply with anymore info in a post that does no good and costs money for it .

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
I also read that and it doesn't answer my question or want for hard facts as to what can be claimed as 'free hp'. Have you personally done any dyno work to back your claim of #1 the KLEEN/AIS removal being harmful? and #2 that your vacuum mod equates to 'free hp'.

BD

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
this mod has been argued about over and over again on both the Gixxer and RC forums. in the end, the vacuum created by this mod is not enough to increase hp. the best thing to do is use the block-off plates and be rid of all the EPAssholes stuff.
----------------------------------
'04 ZX10
'03 G1
'02 RC
'00 Busa

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Agreed! That's what a lot of us did. I myt be doing the crankcase breather mod, soon tho as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts