Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A lot of you have seen these pics.
But I titled the thread so badly before, that I thought I would repost the pics with a better title for anyone who missed it.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
So much better...that just proves everything...damn the ass end on that thing is ugly as shit...looks alot fatter too...

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I think the 06 looks much bigger just shorter in that pic...

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
wish they would have keep the gold colored forks,shocks,calipers,rotor..and keep the wheels black...... :headshake ....... :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
oneradten said:
wish they would have keep the gold colored forks,shocks,calipers,rotor..and keep the wheels black...... :headshake ....... :dontknow:

and I feel the complete opposite......dunno, the gold just doesn't do it for me. :dontknow:

Good pics BTW, really helps :thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
madnessracing said:
the 06 looks a lot lower than the 05....
i think it looks lower because its got a more areodynamic front which is more "raked" back but ive sat on 06 and yes its a little lower but not as much as it looks :mrgreen:

·
Registered
679 Posts
The 04-05 are very hot bikes.. but with 11 extra pounds, a couple ponies, and a more aesthetically pleasing front end on the 06.. i'm not mad at them at all! but I'm biased too!! lol

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Where did the 11 extra lbs come from? The breakdown I saw was "29"...

·
Registered
126 Posts
A set of catylizer under the bike is the cause for most of the gain. Ditch that exhaust for an after market one and you'll be near the weight of an older 10R.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
until you ditch that heavy exhaust for aftermarket on the 04/05 and lose 7-8 more lbs :mrgreen: oh my 05 weights around 396 lbs with about 1/4 fuel whats the 06 again :snorting: ............04/05 :rockwoot: :lol:

·
Registered
679 Posts
oneradten said:
until you ditch that heavy exhaust for aftermarket on the 04/05 and lose 7-8 more lbs :mrgreen: oh my 05 weights around 396 lbs with about 1/4 fuel whats the 06 again :snorting: ............04/05 :rockwoot: :lol:
haha not at all.. the 10R feels like a featherweight compared to my 99 9R haha that thing is :snorting:

the breakdown I saw was the 05 was 433 wet and the 06 is 444 ..this is filled to the brim of course..

MCN says that the crankshaft weight was increased as well as the mass of the flywheel.. :dontknow: I figure they know what their doin.. I'm just ready for 3rd gear power wheelies that the 9 wasn't tryin to have without a spacely sprocket on the rear!!

Plus the other bells and whistles I do like.. how do you 04/05 owners like your digital tach?

·
Registered
581 Posts
The tach on my 04 10r does not bother me at all. All you really need to pay attention to is when my shift light comes on at 12,500 rpms :wink: The rest of the shifting can be done by sound...

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I would rather be banging a tall slender chick then a short fat bitch...lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts