Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked the cowl from the dealer,bolted all the hardware together,and here it is............:hello:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
looks nasty, I remember when I ordered mine and pulled it out of the box, it was dark but I put it on any way haha. Turns the hole look of the tail into something else!!! Only good things come out of a solo seat cowl, only thing is I think you need a racing exhaust mount for your bike, there cheap from vortex, heck about $52+shipping

·
Registered
1,938 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
looks nasty, I remember when I ordered mine and pulled it out of the box, it was dark but I put it on any way haha. Turns the hole look of the tail into something else!!! Only good things come out of a solo seat cowl, only thing is I think you need a racing exhaust mount for your bike, there cheap from vortex, heck about $52+shipping
The racing exhaust mounts are nice if you were running a track body but for those of us that do remove the seat cowl to reinstall the passenger seat from time to time need the passenger pegs!!!

·
Registered
772 Posts
The racing exhaust mounts are nice if you were running a track body but for those of us that do remove the seat cowl to reinstall the passenger seat from time to time need the passenger pegs!!!
the 10r is no place for a pillion. i pulled my pegs and seat cover off immediately. j/k i knew that my old lady was never getting on the 10. she balked after a couple rides on my sv1000.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Just so that everybody knows there was a guy that posted awhile back that the 09 6r cowl will fit on the 3rd gen 10r and IMO they look alot better then the one for the 10r!...I tried to find a pic but ive been having no luck!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Just so that everybody knows there was a guy that posted awhile back that the 09 6r cowl will fit on the 3rd gen 10r and IMO they look alot better then the one for the 10r!...I tried to find a pic but ive been having no luck!
Yes the 6R seat cowl looks better than the 10R cowl but it doesn't fit flush up to the edges like the 10R cowl does, may not bother everyone but it bothers me so I'm keeping the 10R cowl on my 08!!! Below is a link to another post that shows what I'm talking about, about half way down the page when you click on the link.

http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70790&highlight=ZX6R+seat+cowl&page=9

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
yeah the seat cowl really dressed up the rear of the bike

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
sexy looking

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
The 6r cowl fits up same as the seat so a few extra bucks get a much better looking seat cowl than the OEM 10 IMO. The looks outweigh the tiny imperfection by a long mile!

But back on topic, aussie10r your bike is so sexy in that orange, congrats on the purchase!

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
If pearl blazing orange was any sweeter a color their would be laws against it and Kawi making the sickest color bikes ever...green as well...god bless the green

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
yeah my passenger pegs only go on once in a blue moon with my wife, she loves to ride just not on the back haha. I'm building her up for her own 250r. But still good looks seat cowl again!!!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
yeah my passenger pegs only go on once in a blue moon with my wife, she loves to ride just not on the back haha. I'm building her up for her own 250r. But still good looks seat cowl again!!!
Passenger pegs? I thought those were for stand up wheelies.:dontknow:

I bought my wife a new 250r in 01 after she completed the safety course. She loved it for about a month. 2 months later, she owned a 02 R6. The 250is a good beginner bike, but the lack of power gets old very quick.

Back on topic. I love the cowl! Is it lighter than the passenger seat?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts