Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 464 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
start-up video supercharged zx10

A COPY FROM POST# 224,PG23 Hey guys. Shawn notified me about this growing thread recently, so I figured I'd come by, chime in, and answer any questions you might have.

My name is Dan, A&A Performance is my labor of love, and for the past 6 months I've lived and breathed this ZX-10R kit. This bike should be running very, very shortly (I can't wait for that first test ride), and the whole intent of the kit, as with all of our systems, is that it will be a truly bolt-on affair, complete with any & all parts you could possibly need.

We're shooting for 7-8psi on pump gas and stock internals, with tuning being handled by a PCIII. I won't know for sure how much this will cost until we get closer to production time, but throughout the build I've been shooting for a price tag somewhere in the $4200-4500 range.

As for power, well, we'll find out the big number soon enough, but it certainly should be putting down at least 200-210whp. This particular bike has a full Akra exhaust with a Sato end can, and on our dyno it put down 150whp (SAE) in its N/A form. Every care has been taken to extract efficiency out of this system, so the power gained should be pretty decent. Start-up Video
__

Attachments

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Holy shit! I so want this over the turbo set up

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I bet Garth will be all over this thread :thumbsup:
lol for sure..... :thumbsup:

great work man!!! did ya do all the machine work your self?

I know my 12r will keep me happy for a while but maybe I'll look into forced induction once again for a 10r :headshake

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
:eek2:this is a first for the zx10r world i do believe. :rockwoot: KEEP US POSTED!! how much power "should" it put down and how much psi.

someone (garth) give us a breakdown between the pro/cons of supercharge and turbo

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no i found a guy from the vfr forum, he is doing the work. he did his vfr, and is doing kits for it. and soon tobe for other bikes. i talk to him , and he said he could help, i told him that i got the foot up the a--, from calisuperbike. only had the blower and crap air box. so i sent him my bike to be the prototype for the 04-05 zx10. by the way grath that was a good superbike mag interview.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Holy shit! I so want this over the turbo set up
im guessing it wont make as much power and there will be more cooling and fitment issues, just look at the rad, hoses and fairing mounts.

dont get me wrong, theres some nice work being pioneered here:thumbsup:
im just pointing out the evident

That should be much easier to tune than a turbo, right?
:headshakei dont see how itd be easier than tuning any other turbo kit between 5-6psi

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the rotex c15-30 is smaller than gt28 turbo, so the power will be lower. in the uk tts-performance is getting 210-215 on gxr1000, 200hp on 98 r1's. just to give info. rotex makes a bigger blower, but u would need a side winder type pipe to fit. 210hp with flat all the way to red line powerband, and no lag. i will be just fine.

1 - 20 of 464 Posts