Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Palomar Saturday 6/17/06. Yes the bike was OK Thank God! Oh yeah I didn't get as much as a scratch. Continued to ride the bike for the rest of the day. Shogun frame sliders:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
828 Posts
i was up there on sunday, right as the 35 porche's showed up along with the $500k carrera gt, first time up there and realized why everyone wears full leathers, going down the hill really requires them!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
My guess is the Pilot Powers have a few hundred miles on them. You can't rail like that day in and day out without them going off a bit. When those tires are brand new they're only good for one trackday.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I start off putting all the blame on the worn Pilot Powers (6600 miles, I know STUPID) because it couldn't have had anything to do with my ability as a rider.

OK now I've started getting over the denial phase and have begun to accept a little of the blame, (maybe I'm not as good as Valintino Rossi at least not on worn tires).

I realize it was the combination of the worn tires and me getting on the gas a little too hard for that much lean angle. The back tire just started coming out from under me and I stayed in the gas with my knee down thinking it was going to hook back up, but it never did. I think if I had got off of the gas I probably would have high sided it, good thing that didn't happen.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. That was a cheap reality check for me, bikes in pretty good shape and I didn't get hurt...

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Called it!

The best kind of crash you can possibly have is when you're standing over the bike, pissed off at yourself. Usually it means you didn't get hurt and the bike isn't too bad off either. Crash worse than that and it's like "screw the bike, I'm just glad to be alive"

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I didn't pay for them, that why his watermark is across the pics. But I do want the one just before I crashed. My girlfriend wants me to get the one of me crashing just as a reminder.

Salesguy10r said:
LMFAO. . . you paid for pics of yourself crashing. . .thats pretty cool actually. Glad you and the bike are OK.

SG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts