Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
..and hopefully the last :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
SCARY PICS of the BIKE

DAMN! those pics really scares me, I also had an accident before hitting head on with a BUS & It is a total black out & don't remember anything bout' the accident, my bike is totally wrecked & the miracle is that I don't have a single bruise on my body except that my gloves are all ripped off. Lucky for us :eek:ccasion1 RIDE SAFE!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Damn man...I hope you went to church and thank the big man for spareing you. That is unbelieveable.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I wish you a speedey healing!

·
Registered
232 Posts
maybe with your next bike you will invest in some decent safety gear.
shame about the bike. glad your ok too.
but going the Squid is not in the best interests of any zx10 owner.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I believe it's been mentioned here before and members know that I had always wore a full suit with boots or icon pants/jacket/boots combo. Just that once I decided to poorly go out for a ride with no jacket/pants/boots. I surely don't need some Ebony Squid telling me I need to invest in safety gear. I have been pondering buying a Gixxer and wearing a wife beater, b ball shorts and flip flops, all while having my helmet strapped to my tail. Perhaps your comments are best left for the Gixxer board.=)

Judd

·
Registered
232 Posts
squid in the post rating i may be but dude ride a litre bike squid is asking for trouble,
for the reason you bought the bike in the first place.
these bikes will and can ruin you day, and if your like most it's realy HARD to resist the urgh to twist the wrist and just blast.
don't get me wrong i still ride squid at times but and a big BUT.
NEVER AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS.
if i come off going to the shop for bread or a drink it will be minor and my reaction time should be good enough to counter some dickhead trying to take me out.
but at warp speed or even legal highway speed if someone does the unexpected .
your toast.
so if you have the gear I take back the you should buy some with your next bike.
and change it to, keep the squiding to around town or the slow ride at the beach to perv on the chicks.

·
Registered
561 Posts
squid in the post rating i may be but dude ride a litre bike squid is asking for trouble,
for the reason you bought the bike in the first place.
these bikes will and can ruin you day, and if your like most it's realy HARD to resist the urgh to twist the wrist and just blast.
don't get me wrong i still ride squid at times but and a big BUT.
NEVER AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS.
if i come off going to the shop for bread or a drink it will be minor and my reaction time should be good enough to counter some dickhead trying to take me out.
but at warp speed or even legal highway speed if someone does the unexpected .
your toast.
so if you have the gear I take back the you should buy some with your next bike.
and change it to, keep the squiding to around town or the slow ride at the beach to perv on the chicks.
So if you're not drenched in leather to the point you sweat your nads off and look like a space alien you're a squid?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Now, if I read thru this correctly, the OP was taken out by a yellow honda...just Assuming the OP was doing things as he should, I can't see why you would want to jump on him like that....
but what do I know................Except - while on the road we're all in some elses hands...the dumb, the distracted, and the just plain stupid.....This man was very fortunate to survive...
Give him a break, will ya?
(and this used to be such a nice place - I'll go back to my corner now and read my AARP mag)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Glad your alive oneslow, that's the worst I have ever seen with the operator still alive to see the carnage in person. The Force was definitely with you young Skywalker. :ayyy:
:+1: Glad you made it. Could have been any one of us. Thanks for sharing those pics. It's a good reminder for us.....RIDE SAFE and watch out.

·
Registered
561 Posts
He was taken out by a yellow Honda and another rider who ended up dying 20 days later.... not to mention them and the 10 other riders knew each other and they all BOOKED and left their buddies to die.

Quality riders there... being a squid has nothing to do with this.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts