Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
That's not an 06 it must be an 04 or 05 with an Ohlins damper bought from Kawi. The Ohlins dampers that come on the 06 mount over the tank and triple tree.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Thats def. not a good place for that damper

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I like it better than on top. When its on top it screams "STEAL ME, STEAL ME!".
Yehzx10r, what size bolt goes through the heim joint on the damper to the frame bracket and what size for the heim joint on the fork leg mount?

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
luckz88 said:
Thats def. not a good place for that damper
:+1: That damper would have been toast on my bike this morning if I would of had one mounted there. Luckily I have the Hyperpro damper and they mount over the triple tree and tank.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why is everyone so surprised with the way the damper is mounted? On my 04 zx6rr, it mounted the same way but on the left side. Tommy and Roger didn't have any problems on the 04 zx6rr.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1killer1liter said:
I like it better than on top. When its on top it screams "STEAL ME, STEAL ME!".
Yehzx10r, what size bolt goes through the heim joint on the damper to the frame bracket and what size for the heim joint on the fork leg mount?
I am not sure what size bolts were used for the frame bracket and the fork clamps. They were not provided when you ordered the kit?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
My only problem with the "old school" frame mount is that in a wreck the damper may get messed up, but worse if it hits hard enough it will dent the frame.

Also it's easy to hit with leg in a get off (not yours though.) That one does seem tucked away from danger pretty well though, for a frame mount.

I like the attack mount (under triple tree) but did not want to drill my frame.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
yehzx10r said:
I am not sure what size bolts were used for the frame bracket and the fork clamps. They were not provided when you ordered the kit?
No bolts thus far, but I haven't recieved the fork leg mount yet. I'm hoping they're in that part of the kit.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
ZX10Miami said:
My only problem with the "old school" frame mount is that in a wreck the damper may get messed up, but worse if it hits hard enough it will dent the frame.
If you have frame sliders the damper won't be hurt.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
yehzx10r said:
Why is everyone so surprised with the way the damper is mounted? On my 04 zx6rr, it mounted the same way but on the left side. Tommy and Roger didn't have any problems on the 04 zx6rr.
Isnt that how it mounted on the zx7r too??

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
1killer1liter said:
I think it would be pretty susceptible to a crash because if the forks were hit it seems like it could easily bend the damper.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
1killer1liter said:
Tell that to my upper right fairing in the area that the damper would be located. That is precisely the area that received the most damage this morning when I had my accident.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Good thing that you didn't have it there. If you had, you probably wouldn't have gone down.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts