Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For my son..... Sold his 2009 and got him a 2010 to start next years race season fresh. Even though we put it together, the engine and suspention has to be taken out and sent to Pro Circuit to get ready for 2010

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
That is awesome, I like my RM 125, but I want one of those so bad

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
nice, is it cheaper to buy them in the crate and assemble them yourself?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice, is it cheaper to buy them in the crate and assemble them yourself?
Most dealers wont sell them in the crate...I think it's even against the manufacturers policies. But I always get them this way, and since they know its a race bike, they give it to me this way. There is something special about ripping the box open :wink: I always ask for it this way.

As I said, although we put it together, it will never get ridden this way..... It's gonna get torn back down to its frame and the engine, forks and shock will be sent to pro circuit for race treatment, and we will start some Arenacross races in Michigan in January

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Most dealers wont sell them in the crate...I think it's even against the manufacturers policies. But I always get them this way, and since they know its a race bike, they give it to me this way. There is something special about ripping the box open :wink: I always ask for it this way.

As I said, although we put it together, it will never get ridden this way..... It's gonna get torn back down to its frame and the engine, forks and shock will be sent to pro circuit for race treatment, and we will start some Arenacross races in Michigan in January
Awesome I raced when I was younger but I never had such a set up your son is quit lucky

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I asked him to choose the bike he wants for 2010..... I said, pick a bike and I will buy it. He wanted a Kawasaki again..... and i couldnt be happier :thumbsup:
The Kawasaki's have been the most relaible bikes we have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome!!!! assembling your bike from the crate does it make it cheaper?
I get the bikes at dealer cost anyways.... (racer support program)

Dealers usually charge about $250 for set up though.

·
aka kwakrider
412 Posts
your the dad of the year around your house i bet,and you must be proud of your boy thats awesome.does he compete where and will he get much ride time this winter

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
your the best dad:mrgreen:, that is real cool man.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I asked him to choose the bike he wants for 2010..... I said, pick a bike and I will buy it. He wanted a Kawasaki again..... and i couldnt be happier :thumbsup:
The Kawasaki's have been the most relaible bikes we have ever owned.

That's awesome in so many ways. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Will you adopt me and tell me I can pick out any 2010 bike? I also promise it will be a Kawasaki! :badteeth: :smile:

But seriously, that is awesome. My father bought me an old 250 so we could rebuild it together. He would have NEVER trusted me with a new bike!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
your the dad of the year around your house i bet,and you must be proud of your boy thats awesome.does he compete where and will he get much ride time this winter
I am driving down to Florida right after Christmas for him to get some seat time, then on the way back up, we are stopping in Michigan to do some indoor areacross races. Then I think I will head back to Florida for 10 days in March, then his regular race series starts in April here.

I spend all my time with my kids...I got 2, (5 year old girl too), but this also keeps my boy out of trouble. At 15, you know what can happen.... so every weekend, we are together at the track, and we usually camp there and eat, sleep, breath, motocross.
He is a fast rider and definetly deserves it. Cant say I am trying to make him a pro, but he LOVES the sport and I want to give his all the tools for him to do what he does and have fun.

This summer he had a bad crash and broke his right Femur and was sidelined for a couple months. So the new bike and all new gear, is just sayin.....it's a new start. It really made him feel good.

These are pic's of his first day back from the broken Fumur, and I think it was his second lap.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts