Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been saving my pennies to get another Digital SLR camera for a while and had my sites on a Canon 20D, but after doing some reading I decided that the Canon Digital Rebel XT (350D) was all the camera I need... and then some. My main concern was image quality, not features, and the reviews had the XT (350D) matching the more expen$ive 20D image for image. Since I don't make money off of my shots anymore I decided not to pay the difference. I went to day and picked me up an XT. :thumbsup:

No decent pics yet because I put the battery on charge and fell asleep until after dark, but the future how-to's and pics should be a bit sweeter. Can't wait to get out and play with this thing! Man, I've missed having an SLR.

Fwiw, I think I also love the smaller size and lighter weight of the 350D compared to the 20D. I think I can pack this one in my tank bag for rides. Without the lens it's really not that much bigger than my G5 point & shoot. Overall I think I made a wise decision going with the cheaper, smaller, but equal in image quality XT. No complaints so far. :thumbsup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Cool Now you can do how to's for me! But you'll have to keep the G5 for the how to photos;)

Did you get grey or black?

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Grey here- had no choice but hey, it almost matches the ti.

Been playing with it alot and trying to learn it. Weather has sucked for fun pictures/rides though.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
take a picture of your camera

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ZX10Miami said:
Cool Now you can do how to's for me! But you'll have to keep the G5 for the how to photos;)

Did you get grey or black?
Black. I've never cared for silver cameras, except for the little Canon digital ELPH models. Man, have you seen the SD300? That thing is TINY! :thumbsup: Oh, and the G5 is already sold. My ridin' bro is bringin' the money for it to work Monday. There may be an SD300 "pocket camera" in my future though. Just didn't need a big G5 with the XT. If I'd take something as big as the G5 along I might as well carry the XT. :thumbsup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Looks like a big matchbox that sd300

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
If I didn't already have an Exilim s100 I would look at that sd300 too, if it's the one I think it is real cool.

The s100 can do video w/ sound as long as the card has room. no time limit, that's pretty cool. They are decent little videos.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stunnerific_harry said:

Ok... 350D shot taken with G5... Got a little camera shake so not as sharp as normal....

And the G5 as seen by the 350D... The white is overexposed a little to expose for detail of the black camera body.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
ZX10Miami said:
Looks like a big matchbox that sd300

Yeah, I had only seen 'em online. They are even smaller than I thought they were. Truly a shirt pocket camera. You could wear it around your neck on a string and not know it was there. :thumbsup:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
stunnerific_harry said:
Actually not a bad idea just in case. It is hurricane season.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ZX10Miami said:
Actually not a bad idea just in case. It is hurricane season.
Put the serial #'s on the pic using text tool in Photoshop and burn them to disk. If you ever lose it or it gets stolen you've got a pic and a serial # all on disk for insurance and popo. :wink:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
freakin awesome tip.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
That G5 and your skill kicks my butt.
In fairness I'm in a dark room and didn't try too hard but this casio uses their own ceramic lens where as the last casio I had used pentax lens.

Seems to make a difference but this camera is pretty small and light as well.

Still that canon is like the ipod of pocket cams from a glance.
Sony has an interesting new one too, but I refuse to buy memory sticks when I have sd and cf already. One thing I hate about olympus too but at least they made their xcard phisically smaller than other cards unlike sony.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ZX10Miami said:
freakin awesome tip.
Do it with your cars, bikes, ATVs, electronics, guns, etc... too. You can keep a copy of the disk in a safety deposit box at your bank as well, in case of a fire at home. Digicams make documenting the contents of your house a breeze. And still, of all the reports I take on stolen stuff, rarely does anyone have pics or serial/vin# :dontknow: Your shit is simply GONE if you don't have numbers. :heyyou:

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ZX10Miami said:
That G5 and your skill kicks my butt.
In fairness I'm in a dark room and didn't try too hard but this casio uses their own ceramic lens where as the last casio I had used pentax lens.

Seems to make a difference but this camera is pretty small and light as well.

Still that canon is like the ipod of pocket cams from a glance.
Sony has an interesting new one too, but I refuse to buy memory sticks when I have sd and cf already. One thing I hate about olympus too but at least they made their xcard phisically smaller than other cards unlike sony.
Yeah, never cared for the Sony memory stick idea. I would have given a couple of their digicams a shot if not for that. :wink:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Just picked up a cheap engraving tool at harbor freight too.
Full DL number is good to use no?

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ZX10Miami said:
Just picked up a cheap engraving tool at harbor freight too.
Full DL number is good to use no?
Yeah, DL is ok... SS would be better, but you don't really want that floatin' around on stuff you sell. Some people use their date of birth and last four digits of their social security #... Not quite as risky and those numbers are not subject to change in your lifetime. :wink:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
So now for some vette pics to come.
A 636 and a Vette makes sense. Vette for that torque fix, 636 for flicking around.
Don't know if I could give her up though.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ZX10Miami said:
So now for some vette pics to come.
A 636 and a Vette makes sense. Vette for that torque fix, 636 for flicking around.
Don't know if I could give her up though.
Yeah, I'll have to see what works out with the vette thing. Got a friend in the car biz lookin' to see what he can find on a nice 2002 (best year for the Z06 according to him) Z06 hardtop. A 636 and a Z06 should make for one Hell of a pair of stable mates! :mrgreen:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Def don't want social out there, as if we control that, figured dl would be an easy trace.
Birth date and last four is just as easy and recognized by authorities?

1 - 20 of 73 Posts