Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!!!

Firstly, I have to say, what a fantasic sticky!!!! Boy did I laugh!!

So getting on with business and get the first stuff out of the way!!!

Can you tell me the answers for Second and Thrid (<--- note spelling) and the rest I'll make up as I go along.

Just thought I'd say, I pick up my new Black ZX10R on Saturday and can't wait!!!!

Hi to All, and looking forward to your responses.

Kind regards

Neil

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
welcome to the community, by far the best place for the 10R hands down on the interweb.

make yourself at home. and when you pick it up on saturday make sure to post up some yummy pics.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
:welcome: Welcome to the best forum on the net. :welcome:

But I'm confused, are you getting a 08 or an 09 model? :dontknow:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Bascially, the 08,09 models are the same (but I'm not really sure) I believe its the 09. but will find out for definate saturday and let you know, with pictures!!! I wish it was one of these though - ZX8R, which I just found on the web!!

regards

Neil

·
Beginner w/29k miles :o)
3,008 Posts
:welcome: :welcome:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
howdy!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Greetings!!! Here she is! Still labelled up!! Rode it home in some dry and some wet! WEEEEHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, Screamed like a bansheee!!! Loved every minute!! and sooo much power....

Oh and compared to the GSXR - She is so small!!!

Attachments

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
:hello: and :welcome:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Opinions vary !!! But nothing like your own!!

:spit:so what you think then?
The simple version ----- WEEEEEEHHHHHHAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic!

The review version......

First time ever on a ZX10R and I couldn't pull away, the engine is so gear for "race" she doesn't like pulling away on idle. I guess I was a bit nervous about how the power would kick in. but 3k and she pulls away nicely. balance is perfect, although 20mm higher than suzuki and it actually feels lighter than the 750 K7 I was trading in (direct comparison). Through town, she handles impeccably, although, the extreme riding position does weight your rists, but no more than the GSXR. The clocks are not done justice in the photos, they are just georgous, and the adjustable white light background is beautiful. power: she is blisteringly quick, smooth and just quick, although I am running her in (ie. not maximum revs) but I dont follow the manual - see this web site for further information :

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Comments like "*&&K, that corner is coming up quick, or as you overtake, the cars just disappear in the mirrors are common phrases.

Handling felt a little stiffer than the gsxr to turn in, and not as intuitive; shift your wieght on the GSXR and it more or less takes the corner for you, I don't think the ZX10R is going to be the same, and the suspension is way too hard, but saying that, this is "out of the create", and once I get my grubby little mits on the suspension, this can or should be able to be tuned up. (after the first service).

But anyway, I love it, and the more I look at 'her' and the attention to detail, the more I'm totally convinced I made the right move!!

Power to the ZX10R, let the good times roll!!!!!!!!..........:crackup:

Been out for a second blast! in the dry!! fantastic, my new stretch of roads -on ramps to the motorway (freeway!) - he he he......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts