• h&k

Votes: 42 46.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
What caliber were you looking for?
They're both awesome weapons, I personally like how the H&K fits in my hand but I would suggest going to the gunshop and gripping them both to see which is more comfortable in your hand.

Just my .02 cents!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i want a 45 but i dont think hk makes a 45 just a 40sw.thats where the glock comes in. i just want to get some input before i buy.

·
Registered
250 Posts
eric said:
i want a 45 but i dont think hk makes a 45 just a 40sw.thats where the glock comes in. i just want to get some input before i buy.
H&K did make a .45
I used the SOCOM H&K .45, it was a fairly good sized gun with a solid feel to it but if you have smaller hands it may not feel right.

·
Registered
489 Posts
i have both HK 45 and glock. the feel of the hk is nice, but it does tend to jam. Not often, but enough to remove peace of mind.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
you can't go wrong with either, imho...go with what fits you best

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have a glock 22. love it. if u want a smaller frame pistol, go w/ the 23.

H&K are also good from what ive heard, im looking into a Walther P99 for my next rig, slick gun.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
garth285 said:
Gold edition Desert Eagle .50 cal :-D

my boss has one that I want sooo bad
:crackup: My uncle had one of these once, and the best word to suit them truely is "hand cannon". But as far as "self defense" goes, they ain't worth much, unless you just plan to scare the offender by showing it to them first. Just my .02 though.

But I'm with luckz on this one, both are great guns, but I'd lean towards the Glock as I have also heard slightly better things in the reliability department with them. Not that either gun has a reputation of having an outright problem in that area though.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Go with the Glock. My Model 19 has never jambed with new amunition. Never ever use reloads in a Glock. I found out the hard way why not to.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Spacecoast 10R said:
Go with the Glock. My Model 19 has never jambed with new amunition. Never ever use reloads in a Glock. I found out the hard way why not to.
Reloads are always a slightly riskier way to go IMO. Most folks that are good at it just narrow those risks down a bit more from experience. Personally I have never used reloads as I don't target shoot enough to make it beneficial in the pocketbook. Also, on this subject, you NEVER want to use reloads in a defensive situation, as lawyers will eat that sh** up in court. It's been done before - "He was loading his own bullets with the intention of making them kill better" (or something of the like). If you use them, keep the reloads at the gun range, and the store bought stuff loaded by the bedside :wink:

·
Registered
461 Posts
It all depend on if you want double action or single action (Hammer or no hammer). We currently use the H&K 40 USP at work but we are in the process of switching over to the glock 23. I carry a glock 27 when I ryde. It's small so it won't get in the way. I haven't got my hands on the H&K sub-compact yet.

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I was at the range when I use to use reloads. Never again. It sucks having to tear down a gun with a live round jambed in the chamber. The look on the range tech's face was priceless when I asked if he had a screwdriver I could borrow. The only way to get the round out was to put the screwdriver down the front end of the barrel and pound on it to get the round out. Scariest 5 min of my life.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If you want a gun to beat on or that will fire anywhere from underwater jammed full of sand etc. get the glock.

If you want a more sophisticated looking gun get an HK, depending on model's they will both most likely out shoot your skill, just like the zx10r can go beyond my operating ability.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts