Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These took a little time...there is not much room to work and can only make quarter turns with the allen wrench and the bolts are snug coming all the way out...they have lock-tight on them. I found it much easier to work in there by removing the rubber ram air ducts that go into the frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I found the same thing to be helpful...good pic.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Block off plates are CNC machined beauty though.
Gotta get around to this mod someday.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Reduce decel popping, clean up engine bay, get good a/f readings on dyno without having to take bike apart and temporarily block them.
not necessarily in that order.

·
Registered
448 Posts
i was told i by one person that i have to put block off plates on my bike because i put a two brothers exhaust on it my exhaust comes from the stock header back,and then another person told me that i dont need block off plates,i cant seem to get a straight answer,if anyone no will you please tell me

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
If deceleration popping bothers you, then you "need" them.
All that they do is keep the Kleen system from doing it's job of injecting air into the exhaust to "clean" it up for emissions.

Also good for dyno runs so you get the correct AF readings without temporarily disconnecting the system.

BTW- Ivan told me that with stock header and block off plates it is possible to still get some popping. Something about the shape or length of the stock header I think he said.

So you don't NEED them for any performance reason, not gonna hurt your bike.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
rayszx10r said:
i was told i by one person that i have to put block off plates on my bike because i put a two brothers exhaust on it my exhaust comes from the stock header back,and then another person told me that i dont need block off plates,i cant seem to get a straight answer,if anyone no will you please tell me
It's not necessary, regardless of what kind of exhaust you go with. Removing the KLEEN system and using the block off plates won't make any extra power and sometimes it doesn't completely get rid of the popping on decel, either. If you plan on doing much dyno time it's a good thing to do, but really it's just one of those mods that let you get in there and spend some quality time with your bike.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
phastone said:
It's not necessary, regardless of what kind of exhaust you go with. Removing the KLEEN system and using the block off plates won't make any extra power and sometimes it doesn't completely get rid of the popping on decel, either. If you plan on doing much dyno time it's a good thing to do, but really it's just one of those mods that let you get in there and spend some quality time with your bike.
jinx- beer me:mrgreen:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Titanium Joe said:
So the red nipple is what you did? I did'nt know where to start looking.

Red nipple is part of it, the plates aren't really easilly visible in the pic, just the lack of the kleen stuff is noticeable.

They are the black plates 2, that each have 2 screws- left one is directly forward of the nipple.
Other is to the right after the wires you can see.

·
Registered
448 Posts
thanks alot for your help i no this is not on the topic but im new to this bike and i put as i said prevously the two bros exhaust,tre and power commander but my bike starter surging at idle after i put the exhaust on there,i was told needed the power commander got it no diffrence in idle,but i never got it custom mapped,the place i bought it from said they was going to map it to my mods to you have any ideals any help will be appreciated thanks

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Not sure about the surging. Have you messed with the idle screw on left side by your knee? Maybe it needs to be adjusted a little higher of lower.

Custom map by a certified dynojet tuner would be ideal. (tuning link software.)
You could also try some other slip on maps from the dj site or around here in pc map postings.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts