Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short of doing an HID swap, are the PIAA headlamps all their cut out to be? I mean for $75 bucks for a pair of light bulbs I had better be able to blister the paint on the back of the car in front of me. Are they really worth the money or should just stick with the Silverstars from Wallyworld and only ride in the daytime!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Don't bother, they are not any brighter. They just have a diff colour temp and have the same light output. Grab an HID kit for $150 and call it a day.
________
MERCEDES-BENZ OCEAN DRIVE

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Try these guys for HID's. www.starrotors.com. Very good price for the standard kits and you can upgrade to slim ballasts. I'm going to order a set for my 08 from them very soon.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Try these guys for HID's. www.starrotors.com. Very good price for the standard kits and you can upgrade to slim ballasts. I'm going to order a set for my 08 from them very soon.
Wow...cheaper than A&R for both...is it better/worse than A&R's set ? There's gotta be a reason why A&R's sets are more expensive ????

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Wow...cheaper than A&R for both...is it better/worse than A&R's set ? There's gotta be a reason why A&R's sets are more expensive ????
I have dealt with this company for LED's and H7 superwhites - quality stuff and fast shipping. I haven't used their HID's just yet, but I'm planning on it very soon.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have dealt with this company for LED's and H7 superwhites - quality stuff and fast shipping. I haven't used their HID's just yet, but I'm planning on it very soon.
Right....well since HID's are another ball of wax when it comes down to burning up your harness,etc I'd be really curious to hear how they go for you. Please post a writeup on install,etc on that set...I'm sure others would be curious as well ;)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Using the HID on low beam only will be fine without a relay harness but if you decide to use them on high beam also then DEFINATELY use the harness. I see it as pointless to install HID's on the high beam anyway unless you live in the desert where it's pitch black:lol: I bought a kit from a vendor on my car forums and I keep the extra bulb and ballast as a back up and til this day have not had any problems.
________
Vaporizer Affiliates

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Did you really like the bulbs? Please keep us updated if you get the hids as i have bookmarked their page.:thumbsup:

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I have the LED's in my 04 and haven't had any problems with them and they are super brite. I bought some H7's from them for the Mrs' 250 but they pulled too much juice from that little bike and popped the headlight fuse - so now I have set of superwhite H7's for sale.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I used these guys on both my R6 and my 636, they are well worth the money i did both high and low beams . Only problem i had at first was it kept blowing the fuse on my 636 r6 had no problems at all .I called them up and they told me to run a higher amp fuse had no more trouble out of them at all.http://www.xenonlink.com/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts