Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fella's. Dont mind me being new to the 10R board and posting my arse off......im in Michigan, its cold this time of year so im a legit "post whore" until April, ahaha.:dontknow:

Anyhow, back at the topic at hand;

Phug Nuts (pronounced fuck nuts)

How many of you all have a large population of sportbike riding PN's in your community?

My area is comparable in numbers to....well, a dog turd in July covered in flies..........a LOT.

Maybe i should rewind and define some of the characteristics that i include to be a PN.

* claiming to ride much much MUCH better than your ability.
* claiming to know much much much MUCH more about motorcycles than you do.
* refering to referencing and believing every magazine article on bikes
* wheelie all the time, everytime all the time, with no thought of danger or police or just plain stupidity.
* gotta go 160mph+ everytime ya hit the highway.

And a variety of other things that ill let some of you guys add.
Ive been riding for 10 years, racing for 5 now and just finally am on a liter bike. I see a LOT of first timers on liter bikes and wonder why they get handled by 600's. Boy did I have fun with my R6 back in 99, i would drag race Busa's and beat them, run them on the twisies and beat them.......and even run them on the highway for a little until my poor 600 had no more leg.

Anyhow......ya all know what I mean. Anyhow my area is becoming more and more populated with this sort of rider.

How about your areas?

·
Registered
871 Posts
So. . let me see if I have this straight. . you call these guys . .whatever you call them. . . but you freely admit you were racing busa's on the freeway, and in the twisties. . and drag racing them. . so you are the leader of these phug nutz? Do you come in peace. . lol.

oh and by the way. . . Welcome:)

SG

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
06450F said:
Phug Nuts (pronounced fuck nuts)
How many of you all have a large population of sportbike riding PN's in your community?
My area is comparable in numbers to....well, a dog turd in July covered in flies..........a LOT.
Maybe i should rewind and define some of the characteristics that i include to be a PN.

* claiming to ride much much MUCH better than your ability.
* claiming to know much much much MUCH more about motorcycles than you do.
* refering to referencing and believing every magazine article on bikes
* wheelie all the time, everytime all the time, with no thought of danger or police or just plain stupidity.
* gotta go 160mph+ everytime ya hit the highway.

Anyhow......ya all know what I mean. Anyhow my area is becoming more and more populated with this sort of rider.
How about your areas?
Sounds just like my area here in central illinois. And while I have to admit I was a little too worried about riding wheelies when I got my first streetbike in '92, I was more interested in roadracing and using my '91 F2 how it was meant to be used. Unlike the majority of "riders" around here who worry more about what color neon to put on their bike than becoming better riders. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Salesguy10r said:
So. . let me see if I have this straight. . you call these guys . .whatever you call them. . . but you freely admit you were racing busa's on the freeway, and in the twisties. . and drag racing them. . so you are the leader of these phug nutz? Do you come in peace. . lol.

oh and by the way. . . Welcome:)

SG
Not what i meant.

I mean,...hey we all have fun on these things and rip and roar and break the laws, speeding, wheelies,......all that mojo.

But some.......do it ALL the time regardless of the situation.

Maybe I should have worded it as "invinsible" riders in your area. The mind set of "I won't crash, and I can out run any cop.

I mean the whole over done glorified "squid" thing.

In my community the percentage of sportbike riders and gone up quite a lot in the last 5 years or so. Now im glad to see more bikes on the road...........but of that increase many of these new riders have no respect for the machine, common sense for laws, safety and actual real world specs of the bike.

Of one group of about 15 riders who regularly ride, I can count 8 of them off the top of my head who have crashed (accidents they were at fault for).

Other groups of more riders who play just as hard! Who have had no crashes.

That first group of guys are the ones im talking about.
You all got them??

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
phastone said:
Sounds just like my area here in central illinois. And while I have to admit I was a little too worried about riding wheelies when I got my first streetbike in '92, I was more interested in roadracing and using my '91 F2 how it was meant to be used. Unlike the majority of "riders" around here who worry more about what color neon to put on their bike than becoming better riders. :rolleyes:
+1 I like to race and then race some more and then when I am done race some more. No street for me as I would probably kill myself if I got back on the street or die of boredom....lol

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Salesguy10r said:
Oh yeah we have em' ...but for some reason they have stopped crashing. . .either getting better or broke and can't fix there bikes.
I second they have crashed and can't fix or afford the bike!!!!!!!:+1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts