Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,513 Posts
Welcome!

I have 2 things to say on that topic.
  1. Put the phone in your pocket and keep your eyes on the road. There are road signs to help you find your destination and you have a new 2021 so you will enjoy getting lost more often than following your Waze directions.
  2. The search feature is very handy to cover find older posts about these types of topics. Kind of like this one:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Depending on your phone, the QuadLock is a solid pick. The RAM Mount Fork Stem Ball type mount sucks and will be loose. Highly suggest avoid at all costs.

What I use on my 10RR is the following:

RAM® 9mm Angled Bolt Head Adapter Ball Base
Part#: RAM-B-272U UPC: 793442102721

RAM® Double Socket Arm
Part#: RAM-B-201U-A UPC: 793442002649

RAM® X-Grip® Large Phone Holder with Ball
Part#: RAM-HOL-UN10BCU UPC: 793442941269 Patented

You just have to make sure you order what suits your phone best; Small, Medium, or Long Socket Arm, and Small X-Grip or Large X-Grip.

I will try and upload a photo of my setup tomorrow.

I would leave mine in my pocket like SkyDork suggests but, I am always responding to text messages, taking selfies, checking Facebook, doing some online shopping, and ordering Pizzas. Hahaha

·
Registered
756 Posts
Oh gosh what a timely thread for me.

First off, I'd have to say that the ONLY mount you should be using is some form of Quadlock with the CRITICAL vibration dampener.

I've been using a Rokform (probably the highest quality) hard mounting system assuming it was the best. HOWEVER, it was just yesterday when I found out why I've gone through 4 camera lenses between my previous iPhone Xs and now month old iPhone 11 (this issue also comes up with other brands of phone). The Optical Image Stabilization System in the primary camera lens (not the wide angle or selfie lenses since they don't have OIS) can not withstand the high frequency vibration of a hard mount and damages the camera permanently. Look up "shaky iphone camera" or "iphone camera won't focus" and you'll see what I mean.

I've spent hundreds on the Rokform system across all my bicycles, ZX10r and cars. I wish I could re-buy everything with Quadlock. Apparently this has been a problem as early as the Iphone 6 so it's actually pretty irresponsible that un-dampened mounts are even made for bicycles and motorcycles (and particularly for ATVs). If you have an OIS equipped camera on your phone, it's inevitable that riding with a hard mount with wreck it. It only took a few hundred km for my new Iphone to go bad.

Reactions: michael4012

·
Registered
171 Posts
Oh gosh what a timely thread for me.

First off, I'd have to say that the ONLY mount you should be using is some form of Quadlock with the CRITICAL vibration dampener.

I've been using a Rokform (probably the highest quality) hard mounting system assuming it was the best. HOWEVER, it was just yesterday when I found out why I've gone through 4 camera lenses between my previous iPhone Xs and now month old iPhone 11 (this issue also comes up with other brands of phone). The Optical Image Stabilization System in the primary camera lens (not the wide angle or selfie lenses since they don't have OIS) can not withstand the high frequency vibration of a hard mount and damages the camera permanently. Look up "shaky iphone camera" or "iphone camera won't focus" and you'll see what I mean.

I've spent hundreds on the Rokform system across all my bicycles, ZX10r and cars. I wish I could re-buy everything with Quadlock. Apparently this has been a problem as early as the Iphone 6 so it's actually pretty irresponsible that un-dampened mounts are even made for bicycles and motorcycles (and particularly for ATVs). If you have an OIS equipped camera on your phone, it's inevitable that riding with a hard mount with wreck it. It only took a few hundred km for my new Iphone to go bad.
Interesting input. And good info. I have Android Samsung A50 and use the above posted links. 25,000 miles later and zero issues with my phone or camera. Not saying it can't happen, but I haven't experienced any issues as of yet.

The only reason why I do not have a QuadLock is because they do not have a system for my phone available and I am not upgrading my phone just to use their system. I am also not interested in the universal design where I have to slap a universal connector to the back of my phone case.

But the QuadLock looks very promising.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Porschenut That strikes a cord over here a high frequency one at that. That explains previously unexplained issues others have had.

·
Registered
2021 ZX-10R
5 Posts
This is timely rhread, I just picked up a 2021 and was wondering about phone mounts. What about power to the phone?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Reactions: Eeyore

·
Registered
171 Posts
From the battery, I use this:

Amazon.com: Battery Tender Ring Terminal Accessory Cable: Automotive

From there, you will need this:

From that SAE to USB cable, I use this:

Amazon.com: Gaming USB C Cable, Anker 180 Degree Right Angle USB A to USB C Gaming Cord, Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus S9 Plus S8 Plus Note 9 Note 10, LG V30 V20 G7 G6 G5, Sony XZ, and More

Make sure you order the correct charging cable to your phone; Micro USB, USB-C, or that iPhone proprietary cable.

I also placed an order for this adapter just in case, and for my USB-C to Micro USB to charge my DRAGY, which is Micro USB.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts