Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I`ve only had my bike for 2 months, I am always keen to modify so I started off with decat/slip on/K&N and remap.
Next is the brakes, I think the brakes are extremely good from stock (apart from the rear)
As I`ve started getting more and more used to the bike I`m realising that there are limitations to the standard brakes and they do lack a certain amount of feel.
I have discussed this with a company on the Isle of man who manufacture their own systems and recommended a few different options.
I`ve decided to go for the full system change out and just wondered if any of you guys had heard of people using PFM and if so what are their thoughts?
Thanks
Matty

·
Registered
374 Posts
PFM make great products and may not be well known outside of the TT, British and European racing circles, Michael Dunlop runs with this kit on his bikes for road racing, nuff said. Their brake disks have a unique quick change design that allows a quick swap out the disk without removal of the carrier from the wheel. Rumor has it that Brembo offered PFM a large sum of money to acquire this patent but were turned down.

The Stop Shop - PFM Performance Motorcycle Brake Systems - Distributors for Castrol, Ferodo, Goodridge, Performance Friction, SBS, Bendix, EBC Brakes, AP Racing, LCR

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that last part is true because they have the patent on the circlip fixing arrangement.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I have PFM iron front discs on my '07, they seem to work well and look great. According to my trusty spreadsheet, they were only 58 grams lighter than standard, though.

Cheers,
Brian

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I have PFM brakes and rotors on both my 10R and 12R. The rotor swap deal is trick. I keep iron rotors and SS rotors on hand for whatever the days riding calls for. Quick swap out and on my way

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been off here for a while but the bike is now finished. The PFM brakes are absolutely AWESOME!!! Power/Feel is like a different league entirely. Also fitted since I last posted
BST wheels
Nitron R3 Race rear shock
Carbon trim (lots of it)
Samco hoses.
Gilles rearsets
The bike is so different now so I can definitely say money well spent.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its probably the best investment into the bike anyone could make! Literally EVERYTHING improves

1 - 9 of 9 Posts