Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:headshake
So yeah i was up on the "Coste" this afternoon having a nice time got some clean road and passed a blue porsche at some point this is a 2 lane road no passing (but bikes pass everywhere), didnt really pay much attention to the exact model....Anyways
I am just chillling on the autostrada rolling along at about 110mph then all i see is a blue car in my mirrors so i am like lets do this take off and all is well until i hit 169mph when i ease off the throtle as i know the bike redlines at 179mph with the -1/+1 gearing, needless to say the porsche top end was more like 180+ so he passes me and walks away...Had a nice little bit of weave once i got over 160mph, so going to crank up the steering damper to aid with this.
But damn i need the better gearing for mountain roads, but shit getting shamed on the autostrada Sucks...i failed to represent obviously:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Wow, I am sorry bro, it has to suck to be taken down by a car. I think they have a recovery program for that, kinda like AA.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
This does suck but at least it was way up top. Can't win them all.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Just think what he paid and what u paid you still win !!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
the only gearing i've done is -1 on the front and can still get my 189.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
:headshake
So yeah i was up on the "Coste" this afternoon having a nice time got some clean road and passed a blue porsche at some point this is a 2 lane road no passing (but bikes pass everywhere), didnt really pay much attention to the exact model....Anyways
I am just chillling on the autostrada rolling along at about 110mph then all i see is a blue car in my mirrors so i am like lets do this take off and all is well until i hit 169mph when i ease off the throtle as i know the bike redlines at 179mph with the -1/+1 gearing, needless to say the porsche top end was more like 180+ so he passes me and walks away...Had a nice little bit of weave once i got over 160mph, so going to crank up the steering damper to aid with this.
But damn i need the better gearing for mountain roads, but shit getting shamed on the autostrada Sucks...i failed to represent obviously:dontknow:
i think if you went from a standing start to say a rest stop , you would be there waiting for him to show up with helmet off ,

·
Registered
843 Posts
You fucked up royally man..:headshake I'm just speechless:dontknow: I'm puttin' the 10 up for sale now and gettin' a Busa:sad:

·
Registered
844 Posts
that's 189 without the healer.but if you watch your tach,it still climbs,which i figure-FASTER.

·
Registered
411 Posts
that's 189 without the healer.but if you watch your tach,it still climbs,which i figure-FASTER.
I often wondered what it shows in mph...

i just know in kph it stops at 299, but you can tell your still getting faster.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:hello::headshake

I did a top speed run with a -1 gearing 10R and I was in front with my 10R -1/+1 gearing because he wasn't racing just following me and some other 10Rs. He said he hit 189mph and the tach was still going(he had no SpeedoHealer) my speedohealer said I toped out at 180mph. I figured my speedohealer calculations could be off by a percent or 2 because the bikes I was watching from behind racing said they did 180mph with Speedohealers one with a -1 the other other stock gearing 2nd gen....so basically 4 10Rs all with different or same gearing some racing but the one that was last in line said his speedo did 189mph the other 3 10Rs ALL reported 180mph.

Go buy a Speedohealer so you don't claim speeds like that again. :idea:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
i understand the healer deal,but did your tach continue to climb?
I don't think you read it right or I didn't explain it right. The other 10R said as you his tach climbed while trying to catch me from behind and he was already buried at 189mph. I was way ahead and toped out at 180mph but he wasn't gaining...you need a speedohealer so you won't post top speed runs without one as many know that means nothing without some sort of speedohealer or Gps,radar ect. :wink:

·
Registered
844 Posts
tohkoh,my gen2 speedo gives me the option of kmh and mph,see if yours does.

·
Registered
844 Posts
oh,i know that the speedos are off and i figured go'n down one on the front would effect it but my point was that i could still top out at was available.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts