Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cycle gear have a sale on the perreli diablo. The only issue I'm having is that it doesn't pertain to the 190/55/17 and that's what my gen 3 came with. Does it makes a different?

·
Registered
994 Posts
The 50 and 55 are referring to the tire profile, the 50 is suppost to be a lower profile, but some brands 50's are close to other brands 55's, I think pirelli is one of those brands. If yout wondering if it will fit, yes absolutley. 50's are more stable at high speed but your turn in wont be as quick. But like I said, thats IF the 55 on your current tire and the Pirelli 50 are really 5mm apart.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I was just told from one of the guys at cycle gear that kawi and ducati comes with the 55. Why is that? I am replacing my stock bridgestone tires.

·
Registered
994 Posts
the 55 is better when leaned over, the steeper profile gives you a larger contact patch while cornering. But if you do LOTS of commuting, I reccomend the 50. Lots of commuting on a 55 and you will get a flat top profile, which feels wierd when going off the flat top onto the side of the tire.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts