Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys just picked up a 06 zx-14 and am fixing to go all out on this one. i put all the stuff on my 10 and i just don't have the time to do what i'm going to do to this one. i plan on putting the 1538 kit in it racing cams, thin head gasket, basically everything possible to this thing. i live in west tn and there aren't any places i trust to do something like this. plus i want whoever does it to tune it. does anyone know of any good performance shops on this side of the country?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
The only performance places I know of would be in Atlanta or Knoxville. Let me know if you are interested in those. You can always drop the motor and send it somewhere on a freight truck. A lot of bigtime engine builders do that.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Lee's Performance in Charlotte is real good. Several years ago I watched them dyno gsxr(busa motor) that made 376whp on nitrous and it made 275 all motor. They build some crazy fast bikes.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what's the name of coby adams shop?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I don't suggest Lee's. They produce high hp bikes but I question their workmanship. When I called around trying to get some prices/numbers they just had a bunch of dim wits on the phone even when I asked to speak with someone who really knew a lot about their packages.

I think Coby Adams would make you a good engine. When it comes to building an engine, just beware of the numbers game. It took me forever to get Coby to finally admit that a ZX-10 cannot produce 185-190hp on pump gas with a 3mill bore. He finally fessed up, but he was the only builder out of about 5 others that even did that. There are some other builders if you want to send the engine off, but he's about your closest bet.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Adamsperformance is the plce to go for zx14's, also 4thgenerationmotorsports in Concord,n.c has been doing some as well.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Stock Mild to Wild in Jacksonville..... 1-904-389-1177

just made 223hp on a 1397 busa all muscle....
Is that with Carpenter parts? I saw ya'll sell some of his heads and such.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
we get some things from them but we do in house head porting..... I'll give ya the scoop on 10r heads soon....my head will be a smaller port higher velocity head :-D

I'm sure we can get a carp head but we have a full in house machine shop so we can do what ever we want to the heads....

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Gotcha. I just saw Carpenter heads on the site and thought that might be what was in the bikes. I forgot you said S-M-W has equipment to do porting.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Does anyone has the number for 4th generation in concord?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts