Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my new baby..an '06 and although my wallet is kinda empty I'm always looking around and planning on mods down the road. So...the wildest I usually go is a full system but generally I stay with a slipon to save some cash and because I commute, ride on the weekends, and a few long trips every year. I wanna keep good reliability, range, and rideability. Based on what I've read generally people go with a slip-on, a PC3 or similar, and a TRE...in that order. Is that correct ? Can I get a TRE on a bone stock machine prior to a PC3 and slip-on ? Any help would be appreciated...thanks.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Screw all that, spend 25 bucks and go down a tooth in the front, for performance I hear that will keep it puckered in the saddle. For the long trips put the stock counter back on.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I wouldnt reccomend going down one in the front if your going to be commuting alot unless its short distances, your fuel milage will be decreased....

what about gettin some A&R race baffels for stock exhaust, power commander, BMC filter, maybe remove the secondary flies and get a true custom map done up for it, should be alot less then everythign else and you will keep and probably gain better fuel milage.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
In all honesty i have found my PCIII to have decreased my mpg more than the -1f sprocket did. The -1f added just under 500rpm in each gear vs stock.

To me it sounds like you just want the usual stuff to make your bike sound better and look better.

PCIII will make the bike respond better while the -1f sprocket will give you some pep. The TRE.....i don't think does shit.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
most likely if you lost mpg your tune for part throttle is off or your stock map was way to lean. I used to get around 30-35mpg and now getting upwards of 50mpg was in the 13:1 range and now in the 14.5:1 range, makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
116 Posts
most likely if you lost mpg your tune for part throttle is off or your stock map was way to lean. I used to get around 30-35mpg and now getting upwards of 50mpg was in the 13:1 range and now in the 14.5:1 range, makes a huge difference.
call me crazy, but for the mods you have, isn't your air fuel a little on the lean side????

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Im talking part throttle..... about 20 maybe 40% to 100% throttle is in the 12.9:1 range.

you dont need to run that rich cruising around town, all your doing is building up carbon in your motor and making the pipe dark as night. 14.5:1 is good for cruising speeds and light throttle.

·
Registered
116 Posts
your right, thanks for clearing that up. don't need a bunch of peeps blowin there shit up. or thinking your insane!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts