R1 -- 177.72 mph
RR -- 178.52 mph
G1K -- 171.51 mph

1/4 Mile:

10R -- 10.45/144.76
R1 -- 10.35/147.26
RR -- 10.10/147.5
G1K -- 10.40/144.8

PB's 10R looks a little weak compared to some of the other 10R's reviewed by other mags. In any event, PB did not pick a winner...they liked all the bikes...blah, blah, blah...they did take a shot at the 10R in the conclusion though..."the only real conclusion is that none of us fancied the Kawasaki as a road bike." having ridden the 10R on a few long (2 hour plus) street rides, i would disagree with PB's conclusion. the 10R may not be a sport tourer, but it is no worse than my G1K for a good street ride.

·
Registered
190 Posts
yeh was a little disappointed the way PB dissed the 10r, the fact is I find it easier to ride and more comfortable than my old ZX9r so took their comments with a pinch of salt.

·
Registered
29 Posts
PB review

Sorry guys, I love my 10r to bits but they're right. It's just too hard for the road, it steers too quick for the road and it needs a damper.

Having said all of the above I wouldn't trade it for anything !!....the smile on my face when I get of it is worth the £9k alone.
The 10r reminds me of the early R1's...way too much power over such a small power band....but fuck it can wheelie !!

PS: Double Bubble screens are now available off the shelf from Busters (08702 412040), my dark tint looks the dogz boz.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
It should be no surprise to anyone purchasing this bike that it is in need of a damper given the rake/trail #'s, light weight, etc. The R1, CBR & i believe the G1k (if i'm not mistaken) all come with a factory damper.
The firm suspension setup from the factory goes hand in hand with the entire package/bike and its designed purpose.......to appeal to the customer using it for twistie canyon roads and trackdays/racing not a run for groceries once a week.

The suspension can be tweeked on the 10r just like numerous other bikes so fear not fellas it can be tamed and adjusted to be more everyday friendly through less compression, changing the fork oil to 5wt (just as many did with the 6r & 6rr).

BD

·
Registered
190 Posts
Eubank don't suppose you could post a pic of yours with double bubble on, I think on some bikes they ruin the lines so wouldlike to see one before i buy, but like Big Daddy says the other litre bikes all have steering dampers as standard so no surprise the 10r needs one, and the suspension can be softenened but takes something away from the package, I think mine is worth every penny, just can't wait for some sun :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bubble Screen etc

Guys,

I've posted a few pics at www.lbryce.com , they're not the best to see the screen but you'll get a bit of an idea.

The gear indicator was supplied by Acumen Electronics. It was done as a one-of but if you want one call them and ask to speak to Dave Martin (one of the directors) and tell him I sent you :)
Acumen also supplied a plug in and play loom...so no pissing about with soldering. Total cost £100 (inc the wiring loom)

Cheers

·
Registered
190 Posts
Eubankgot a gear indicator fitted with the alarm, can't recommend em enough, think there essential on a bike with so much power, keeps me stopping searching for 7th :oops:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts