Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm big on aesthetics, and finally think I have my bike to a point where I'll leave it alone. The extended swing arm will be missed, but SWB is so much more fun in my area :grin2:

Here is a little transformation from the last... 5 months haha :badteeth:

When I first got it.

After it was broken in and had the slip-on and filter installed + Archer Flash

Stretched it, which was very short lived

And finally did a few more aesthetic things, Integrated tail lights, BBS Gold Wheels, and a DDM HID Kit amongst putting the stock swing arm on and switching to a 520 setup

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Awesome man! Looks great. Did you end up making any fast passes at the track?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome man! Looks great. Did you end up making any fast passes at the track?
Wanted to take it to the track in the worse way, but I have been fighting an issue where the bike randomly doesn't want to start and once it does it hesitates/bogs when you give it anything over 70% throttle.

It'll still see the track, and I'm sure after I go the first time I'll be hooked and extending it again lol

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Hmmm, not sure the thread title is accurate if it bogs at over 70% throttle. :) Got any ideas on what the problem is? Do you have an aftermarket fuel controller? I also recall threads where it was said that similar behavior can happen if you pinch the fuel line when raising/lowering or removing/installing the fuel tank.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm, not sure the thread title is accurate if it bogs at over 70% throttle. :) Got any ideas on what the problem is? Do you have an aftermarket fuel controller? I also recall threads where it was said that similar behavior can happen if you pinch the fuel line when raising/lowering or removing/installing the fuel tank.
I can not figure it out at all. I have replaced the one fuel line 2 times now, just to be sure, and the problem is still there. Actually I just dropped it off at a Dealer (2nd one) to look it over and diagnose it. Hoping for the best!

Nice Rangee.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The white ones are faster :) . I've been toying with idea of a set of gold OZ Piega wheels but I was unsure how they'd look with the white bodywork, now I know they will look awesome.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wanted to take it to the track in the worse way, but I have been fighting an issue where the bike randomly doesn't want to start and once it does it hesitates/bogs when you give it anything over 70% throttle.

It'll still see the track, and I'm sure after I go the first time I'll be hooked and extending it again lol
Without knowing anything about your bike or previous troubleshooting, did you check the throttle position sensor was working correctly?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The white ones are faster :) . I've been toying with idea of a set of gold OZ Piega wheels but I was unsure how they'd look with the white bodywork, now I know they will look awesome.
They sure are! I was unsure of what a normal gold would look like opposed to the "anodized" look, but I think it turned out well!

Without knowing anything about your bike or previous troubleshooting, did you check the throttle position sensor was working correctly?
I have not. I did pick the bike up last night from the dealer, they pretty much told me the bike seemed to be perfect. The issue is I told them the problems only occur when it has about a half tank of gas, and with them being 40+ minutes (hour+ in work traffic) away from my house I filled up the night before - I don't believe they ever drained the tank because I went for a ride last night with my buddy and about 5 minutes into the ride my FI Light came on (first time that has happened), so I pull over and shut it down and sure enough it wouldn't start back up. Out of curiosity I popped the tank and tried to restart it, and it fired right up. Another thing I have been noticing is when the tank is probably 1/4 to 1/3 full I will get random low fuel light warnings. Maybe it's supposed to come and go? IDK, but it definitely isn't accurate right now. I'll be checking all the breathers tonight to assure they are not clogged up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting, that sounds like either a fuel pump or the tank breather hose is blocked off or tank hoses plugged in the wrong place.
I'm really hoping it's the hoses off the tank.. I was yankin on them pretty good when putting the bike back together, so I have faith this is the issue :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts