Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what the perfect drag setup would be??? I have as of right now the following:

Lowered 2" in the rear
Lowered 1.5 in the front
Strapped when dragging
15T in the front
Stock Wheelbase
Stock Tires

Thinking of getting the following:

6 Inch extensions
Shinko Rear, Front Tire
Thin Headgastket
Adjust Cams
40 Shot of Nitrous

Bragg

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
2 things. dunlop qualifiers and a rear tire warmer.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Do yourself a favor and get some SpeedLinks from Naarden.....~~~>>CLICK HERE

sczx10r said:
2 things. dunlop qualifiers and a rear tire warmer.
2 things..For the price, Shinkos can not be beat for the straightline racing. Tire Warmers??? I don't think they will get the job done and besides isnt that what the burnout box is for....IMO.....:dontknow:

·
Registered
121 Posts
I lowered mine 4" in the back, 2" in front. With ext. swingarm. Wet system. airshifter. Been running 8.90's

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
GreenMachine666 said:
Do yourself a favor and get some SpeedLinks from Naarden.....~~~>>CLICK HERE

2 things..For the price, Shinkos can not be beat for the straightline racing. Tire Warmers??? I don't think they will get the job done and besides isnt that what the burnout box is for....IMO.....:dontknow:
The qualifiers have more tack to them. smaller contact patch but better rubber. as for the tire warmer yes that is what the box is for but if you are doing a burn out your heating up the surface of the rear tire. if you have a tire warmer on then the WHOLE tire is that temp all the way threw. and also a small burn out and your ready to go. less tire purchases due to less wear. so spend $250 on ebay for tomahawks and save $300 on tires....

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would suggest track time before Nitrous.....lots of track time. You don't get faster by making a once a month appearance to the track, not gonna happen.

You would be amazed at what just consistant trips to the track will do for your times. I went from running consitant 6.4's to consistant 6.1's with the same exact mods, But I was going to the track twice a week. A 40 shot of Nitrous would have put me into the 5's easily but to me it's more impressive to run 6.1's all motor with a $25 sprocket mod VS. running a 6.1 with a 40 shot of Nitrous, if your running Nitrous you better be really fast already or people out there (like me) will just make fun of you. :wink:

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
+1

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
HEY! I resemble that remark!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
U4, or MR9, gear like you have -2 front, make it longer and ride the &^%* out of it. Pirelli rear sc1, or sc2

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes practice make perfect........I go to the track every damn Sunday!!! I keep hitting 10.5's all day.....I can't seem to move past it...I've been drag racing now for umm.........3 months!!!!!!! But damn I just want to hit some 9's.......LOL......... I dont want to extend her because I want to hit 9's stock wheelbase....Sort of a goal I guess......

·
Registered
95 Posts
what your trying to do is not easy by any means. wht are you doing different when you go to the track?

1 understand what you want to do
a run consist of a combination of things

60' + 330 arethe most critical. you need both of those to have a quick pass.
if your 60 on a short bike is to good it may cause you to wheelie in the 330 so you lift the throotle to get the front end down and there goes you momentum. a good sixty and good 330 = good et

the sooner you get to WOT while controlling the front wheel the better

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2" lowered Rear
1.5 lowered Front; Strapped at the Track
Muzzy Slip On
15T Front
Double Bubble Screen
Mirror Block Offs

Future Mods:
Degree Cams
Thin Headcasket
6-9 Inch Extensions
Shinko Rear Tire
Shinko Front Tire
40 Shot Of Nitrous
PCIII USB
Speed Healer

I want these mods after I can hit 9's in the 1/4 Mile.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts