Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay.. guys with brake problems... My brakes were fading hella and all this crap not work right... then i replaced it with galfer superbike and it was still the same...

Today I bleed the brakes with high quality brake fluid and now my brakes are solid!

Give that a try!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
its been said a thousand times...switch to a radial cylinder...cheapest way to get results.
It looks like he's riding an 07 in his pic. Doesn't it have a radial master cylinder? Is there any advantage to getting the Brembo radial master cylinder for the 06-07?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
OKay.. guys with brake problems... My brakes were fading hella and all this crap not work right... then i replaced it with galfer superbike and it was still the same...

Today I bleed the brakes with high quality brake fluid and now my brakes are solid!

Give that a try!
...been tried over and over by many people. Nothing "fixes" the stock brakes. Especially if you track your bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would say the stock brakes are "adequate" if you are using the bike only for regular street use. The 06-07 has a radial brake pump. Just slap on some steen/teflon brake lines, some better oil and I wreckon you are ready to go.

The track is another story of course... My race bake has teflon brake lines, top class oil and, for me one of the party pieces of my race bike, a Beringer 6 mm brake pump and lever... Oh boy... first time I slammed the brake I stoppied, I needed the best part of a complete track day to get used to that thing. Stoppes like a formula 1 car and fading just isn't in the dictionary! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I think I will be buying Brembo calipers and M/C in the long run for my bike.

I added Goodridge SS lines and still have brake fade on street riding but they still work good enough for the roads...if I were doing track riding I'd definitely have to do something else though.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Question: will the Radial MC from an 06 636 work on an 05 10? I need to know if it will bolt right up using my existing lines and calipers.. Will I get the great results I keep reading about from this MC without replacing the calipers? I've already got Goodridge SS lines and Ferodo Sintergrip pads But, I still get brake fade really bad...

Thanks
________
Tm400

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
Brembo is better than stock, lines, 14/6r calipers and HH pads or similar will end your troubles.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Question: will the Radial MC from an 06 636 work on an 05 10? I need to know if it will bolt right up using my existing lines and calipers.. Will I get the great results I keep reading about from this MC without replacing the calipers? I've already got Goodridge SS lines and Ferodo Sintergrip pads But, I still get brake fade really bad...

Thanks
yes it will work using the existing lines & calipers AND the brake switch will plug in as an added bonus. The 6r MC will be an improvement over the OEM 05 10r MC but it'll depend on what you mean as 'great resutls' really. Give it a try and if your not satisfied then move on to the calipers next.

BD

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
the problem with the 06-07's is the calipers only. change your calipers before your mc. trust me.
True, BUT the Brembo works much better than the stocker. LSR makes some tasty pieces, but the prices are a bit high.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts