Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about putting a elka or a penske on my gen 3 .My zx is mainly used for fast street riding and about 1 track day a year.The roads i ride are very mixed from smooth to choppy and rough. Which shock would work best on the rough surfaces? I understand that a aftermarket shock is overkill for the road but bye the time i get my rear shock revalved resprung it will cost me about $400 to $550 and i can get a elka or penske for not that much more .A ttx is way to much in australia for me :sad: + if i start doing a bit more track work i don't want to have to upgrade again. A shock that is easy to set up would be good as i am 300klm from a decent suspension guru. Thanks for your time .Shakey

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point dricked . I know 1 bloke that works on Elka+ 1 bloke works on Penske .Just looking for people who have used either shock on their road zx10 and what result they have had + a revalved resprung oem shock isn't out of the question if I here some positives about that setup.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Can't speak on it on my 10 but I've got an Elka on my 600rr track bike. Great shock as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I set up a penske triple for my 2nd gen 10r. Easy to adjust for the street or for the track. I prefer the adjustability (finding your preferred setting). Either one are good choices even if you ride on the streets more. The triple would be overkill for the streets but as mentioned, ask your local tuner.

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
I have an Elka on my Gen 4 rear and love it....it's remote adjustments is what I liked but it made a tremendous difference on the track....

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers older guy.Is there anyone out there runing a penske or elka on a street only 08 zx10 bike? Thats what I'm mainly looking for the best out of these 2 for street riding?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for all the info I will be able to sort it from here . To everyone riding to the Moto gp take it easy and have a great ride . Granya gap . Towonga gap. Happy valley.River road are all in good condition And the weather is looking good .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts