Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with them? Particularly the 8760 triple clicker. Thinking about picking one up for the R6, but unsure if I should hold out for an Ohlins. Good or bad reviews? Ease of setup? I know replacement parts seem very reasonably priced. Anyone dealt with Penske directly as far as rebuilds?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Go with the Penske. Nothing wrong with Ohlins (I've used both). Can't say anything bad about either related to service. Penske is just easier on the $$$, and easier to setup as a bonus.

Also I'd go with the Penske double clicker and save yourself some money, you'll never know the difference.

Unless you have someone local I'd recommend MD Racing.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Go with the Penske. Nothing wrong with Ohlins (I've used both). Can't say anything bad about either related to service. Penske is just easier on the $$$, and easier to setup as a bonus.

Also I'd go with the Penske double clicker and save yourself some money, you'll never know the difference.

Unless you have someone local I'd recommend MD Racing.
Fully agree. :+1:

·
Registered
537 Posts
my ttx36 only have one compress and one rebound adjust,just same as penske double clicker shock,why all your guys said penske is more easy to setup than ohlins. what is the extra work should i do with my ohlins?:dontknow:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys. I wouldnt have minded a double clicker but in my searching Ive found a guy with a used triple for a good price so I think ill jump on it. He also has forks with GP suspension internals so I might just get the whole shabang.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I wouldnt have minded a double clicker but in my searching Ive found a guy with a used triple for a good price so I think ill jump on it. He also has forks with GP suspension internals so I might just get the whole shabang.
Nothing wrong with used, but is it set up for YOUR weight? Also factor in a refresh as well. Who knows when it was last serviced no matter what they say. I'm always amazed how many people service used gear right before they sell it (or so they say).

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, i know the deal. The shock has a 550 spring which is fine for my weight while the forks he says are setup for a 30 lb heavier weight. A bit odd but he isn't the original buyer of the suspension. Im going to call GP susp and see if they have a record of doing the forks. If I buy, I'll prob see how the shock feels before sending it for a rebuild.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm running Penske Tripple and GP susp forks.

My experience with the Penske - The valving was some what off with the stock 05 ZX-10R linkage. It required very light settings to the compression circuts. I swapped the linkage to 05 636 and now the all the settings are right in the ball park with middle of the window settings. Great shock and easy to tune now. It has an o-ring for a seal which requires replacing relatively often. Even the Penske manual says some small seepage (leaking) is normal.

The GP suspension valving and springs were set up by Catalyst Reaction (Dave Moss/Jim). Very nice set up.

I run 9.5 springs in the forks with about 1.65" sag and the stock ZX-10R rear spring (563 lb/in) with about 1 3/16 sag. I've lengthend the rear chain one link and dropped the front sprocket one tooth. I also use the 636 dog bones (which raise the bike a little) and changed the rear spacer shim from 3mm to 1mm. I weigh 172lbs naked. I love this set up!!! I can't say if this is the best but I can say it works very well for me. Good luck.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Does anyone know what kind of sag numbers your supposed to run on the penske shocks? The ohlins products require more sag because they have a longer stroke.:dontknow:

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Penske all the way for me I have ran them on every race bike I have owned!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
rep sent!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe Elka has ride height adjustment as well...

I also think Ohlins and Elka have a hydraulic preload adjuster and Penske doesn't.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts