Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 08 zx10 and it has a Penske shock with the remote reservoir and the dang thing is in my way. Is this shock as good as all these other people keep telling me?? I'm almost to the point of buying a stock shock to get my room back.. I don't do circles or figure eights I like them long low and christmas trees thanks guys

·
Registered
680 Posts
I just bought a 08 zx10 and it has a Penske shock with the remote reservoir and the dang thing is in my way. Is this shock as good as all these other people keep telling me?? I'm almost to the point of buying a stock shock to get my room back.. I don't do circles or figure eights I like them long low and christmas trees thanks guys
Penske is really good stuff. Can you remount the remote elsewhere?

·
Registered
771 Posts
i'll trade you for a stock gen 3 shock :)
if your going to lower and stretch it the Penske isn't going to work well for that

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the input I remounted the res on kick plate on the rear sets and I've tried it out at my local track and the track was crap everyone was spinning off the line but me! I don't like spongy it is on the launches but the hookup pro and the track likes it. I found out the previous owner threw a ton on money into this thing sb forks,sb shock kawi race Ecu, ported head,quick shifter etc. I feel alittle guilty stretching it but nobody here cares about a zx10 here if you aren't on a gsxr1000,zx14,or a busa your not on the map,but hey I love being the bastard child of the group...

·
Registered
680 Posts
Thanks guys for the input I remounted the res on kick plate on the rear sets and I've tried it out at my local track and the track was crap everyone was spinning off the line but me! I don't like spongy it is on the launches but the hookup pro and the track likes it. I found out the previous owner threw a ton on money into this thing sb forks,sb shock kawi race Ecu, ported head,quick shifter etc. I feel alittle guilty stretching it but nobody here cares about a zx10 here if you aren't on a gsxr1000,zx14,or a busa your not on the map,but hey I love being the bastard child of the group...
Just keep thrashing the gixxers and don't worry about it. You are on a superior machine. Better looking and better performance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts