Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, im looking for a base setup for my penske to try at the track this weekend. I've got my 8987 set as 4mm over stock length + the 3mm factory shim. I run 190/55 tires. My main concern is getting the highspeed compression somewhat close as I don't have much test and tune time before the races. Im 225lbs in gear and the spring is a 600. Please post up your setups (ie how many clicks, ride height, spring rate ect)
Cheers

·
Registered
335 Posts
I have been running my ohlins at 4mm over stock with the factory shim but have found i have a serious lack of traction so going to drop it back down a bit and see what i can fix the problem. Had tried everything else to fix it.
I run a 195/70 rear so going to be different to your setup.

Just throwing this at ya cause i wouldnt want you to highside like i did.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you happen to know the circumference or diameter of that big rear tire? The power races that I run have a circumference of about 206 cm which makes the diameter about 60.6 cm
thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
do you happen to know the circumference or diameter of that big rear tire? The power races that I run have a circumference of about 206 cm which makes the diameter about 60.6 cm
thanks
According to the Dunlop website it has a max diameter of 656mm.

Look here to compare with other Dunlop tyres- http://www.dunlopracing.com/fitment.htm

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
remove the 3mm shim.

BD
i was under the impresion that for the correct swingarm angle that the shim should stay whne running a 190/55 or even 190/55. Could you please go into a bit more detail for me? Also, any reccomendations on where to start with the high speed compresion adjuster?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts