Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally received my Penske 2-way adjustable today but first i used a lil brain power.

The OEM shock is 13 5/16" BC to BC (BC= bolt center)
The Penske is 13 1/2" BC to BC

So with that in mind i decided to remove the 3mm shim @ the top mount to help compensate for the 3/16" diff in length but came up 2mm short...O well! i'll try it out.

The install / reassembly time was about 2hrs due to removing the OEM shock, side panels, seat, tank, damper to gain access to the nut holding the upper shock brkt so i could remove the shim.

BD

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
keep us posted. I've yet to set my stock pieces up correctly. You wouldn't have a clift note version of that article you so graciously sent me?? I'm a bet ADD ya know!!

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
Just A.D.D. Not so neglegent as to lose a piece of knowledge shared by someone so experienced (read: old) as you! LOL Sorry for the cheap shot. I still have it. Thanks!

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well my initial around town impression is 'mo better' more compliant, usable travel and much more butt cheek friendly. I've made a few tweeks but until i'm able to dial in the rider sag i won't really know just how much better it is.

BD

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Big Daddy said:
Well my initial around town impression is 'mo better' more compliant, usable travel and much more butt cheek friendly. I've made a few tweeks but until i'm able to dial in the rider sag i won't really know just how much better it is.

BD
I'd like to hear more when you get more miles on her...

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hillcountry10r said:
Big Daddy said:

BD
I'd like to hear more when you get more miles on her...
its a heshe just like Andy.....flame suit ready!

BD

·
Registered
509 Posts
Easier on the cheeks? Get your ass off the seat and stay on the balls of your feet! Quote from Cornerspeed.net Race school :D

·
Banned
125 Posts
Got to get me a new rear shock so I can be cool at Starbucks . Lots of guys there are getting the Ohlins . I might try the Penske out . Nah , the Ohlins is better . Just ordered one from kneedraggers .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts