Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a price quote for a Penske 8983 rear shock for a 2008 ZX10R shipped to 95823.

Also, if weight is a factor, I am 175lbs, about 200lbs with gear, will be be used mostly for trackdays.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Here also, but to 07508.

Also, will this shock be built to the specs of the rider (spring, valving and what not for the weight and riding style)? Or is it generic and changes will have to be done by the buyer?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Here also, but to 07508.

Also, will this shock be built to the specs of the rider (spring, valving and what not for the weight and riding style)? Or is it generic and changes will have to be done by the buyer?
from the Penske site:

A Truly “Custom” Product

Our modest size is our biggest advantage when going head to head against our competitors. With a staff of 30 employees, we can move quickly from sketched ideas on paper to fully working custom race quality dampers in weeks and not months. Additionally, every standard Penske Racing Shock is hand-built to order. We seldom stock complete shocks on the shelf as it is another part of our philosophy to make a truly custom component tailored to the customer’s needs. When a customer makes a large investment in their suspension, it should be exactly what they want without compromise. It is because of this capability that we enjoy a large market share in Formula 1 as well as with aftermarket car builders who require custom dampers for their application.

Therefore, we hope you join the long list of successful customers who realize the importance of quality, performance, and technical support when investing in racing dampers. It is our goal and our focus to create the finest dampers for any application in the world in a timely fashion. Absolutely no one does this bet
ter than Penske!

Just one of the reasons Penske is the shit!!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ok yea now I remember reading that on the site when I was looking at them...

So basically the supplier of the shock does not stock any Penske shocks - they are all made to order. Sweet.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I'm rebuilding my SV and will be in the market for one soon.

What would an 8983 cost for a 2008 SV650 (non-ABS) shipped to 78253?

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts